Chapter 2

Lauren looked beautiful as per usual. Her eyeliner was thick, making her green eyes look more prominent. Her dress was the simplest amongst the other girls, and yet, it looked the most expensive and frankly, the most beautiful. But then, I might be biased, I've always been.

Her dress was spaghetti strapped, barely holding the dress up. The fabric was hugging her waist nicely, tight enough to show her abdominal muscles but loose enough to not suffocate. The dress cascaded through her legs, covering everything but has that deep cut on the side, showing a part of her leg.

Lucy wore a similar one but it was black, with a few gold accessories.

They looked like a power couple in this show right now, and that says a lot since Jay-Z and Beyoncé are here too.

I realized that I was staring and stopped immediately. This wasn't what you're supposed to do when you see your ex. I continued listening to the girls conversation, smiling at times to show the others that I was as fine as an expensive wine that I can't even begin pronounce. I laughed to show that I've moved on and that my heart wasn't beating fast at the mere sight of the porcelain skinned girl.

And if I'm being completely honest, I'm not so sure if I was trying to convince them or myself.

They walked towards us and once we were close enough, she hugged me, as if we were long lost friends, which we probably were to most.

It still hurts though. The fact that she never accepted me in that way.

But even as my heart clenched painfully, no way in hell was I going to show it to her. She doesn't deserve it. If she can fake it, I can too.

I know it sounds ridiculously childish, but I couldn't help it. She gave me so much shit for even looking her way, saying that she didn't want people to label her since she herself doesn't know. And yet, here she is, engaged to a girl who used to be our third-wheeler.

We hung a lot back in Miami, and since she's one of her best friend and 'platonic' soulmate, she knew that we were together. Lucy didn't look genuinely happy when we told her though. That's why I've always thought that she had feelings for Lauren. But I never had to worry because I knew that I could trust Lauren. I guess that wasn't the case now.

It wasn't really platonic as she says it was, was it?

"Camila," the brunette said, waking me up from my daze.

"I said, congrats on you and your new single, I love it," Lauren repeated with a soft smile. The song was about her and she knows it. It wasn't subtle and frankly, I didn't plan to make it anyway.

We talked a bit more, the small talk slowly making us and the others uncomfortable. After all, small talks were never my forte. What do you talk about with your ex and your friends who you haven't talked to in almost a year?

They knew about Lauren and I too. They figured it out since we were always together and we obviously fought a lot towards the end to the point that it simply didn't justify how we were just friends.

I smiled, not sure what to say now. And since I already congratulated the others, I didn't think it was necessary.

An awkward silence came next. No one knew what to say. The tension between Lauren and I were still there, still as thick as it ever was.

It was probably due to the fact that we didn't officially break up. We just stopped talking abruptly and had no closure.

We went from strangers to friends, to best friends, to lovers then back to strangers.

"I guess I'll just sit down then," I said with an unsure tone, the air filled with awkwardness.

"Yeah, we'll sit down too," Dinah replied. You'll know it's officially uncomfortable when Dinah doesn't say much.