Chapter 24.5

"Then what did I do to deserve this, Lauren?" She asked with a small sigh, wondering the same thing I had.

Camila was a good girl; great even. But the universe had constantly stabbed her with unfairness and unjust. I had always believed in karma but I sometimes wonder if it was just a word people use to give hopes to those hopeless.

And what's sad about it was the fact that I'm aware that I was the epitome of the cause.

"I don't get why things never goes my way," she continued as I stayed silent, unable to form a coherent word as she questioned something that none could ever find the answers to; life.

"Am I stupid? Is it stupid for me to think that everyone should have a happy ending? Is that naive?"

Still, I just stared at her, my vocal cord unwilling to work as there was a huge lump stuck on my throat. My brain had the same idea.

"I should go," she said suddenly when she didn't get an answer, standing up. "It was nice talking to you, Lauren."

She began walking away again and that was when my body finally functioned. I ran towards the door and blocked her from walking out.

"Get out of the way Lauren," she said. But unlike previously, this lacked passion and power - she just sounds defeated. "I need to leave."

"Why?" I asked stupidly, still not backing down.

"I can't look at you right now," she disclosed whilst staring down at the carpeted floor, looking just as exhausted as I was.

"Don't leave," I pleaded.

She sighed like she knew I would say that. She knew I wouldn't give up that easily.

"What do you want from me Lauren?"

"I want you," I said with such conviction, hoping she could hear the desperation I had not so subtly spit out.

She scoffed, laughing humorlessly at my answer as if it was the most absurd thing she had ever heard. "The last time I heard that ended with me in a hotel room, naked, vulnerable and alone."

"I didn't-"

"It doesn't matter anymore," she interrupted, causing my heart to clench at the firmness of her sentence, seemingly not fluctuating anytime soon.

But still, I didn't move out of the way.

So.. She decided to try another approach. She thought that maybe if she saw how bad I've treated her, I'd let her go.

"Remember that one fight we had? Late 2015 if memories served me right."

She paused, giving me time to try to recall the memory. Nothing really came to mind at the end but in my defense, that period was the peak of our constant arguments.

"You said that I should grow up and stop acting like a kid. Do you remember that?

"That was actually the only reminder I have to stop me every time I have the urge to do something dorky.

"What's crazy was that I thought loved that side of me. Before that fight, you used to praise me for being different from others and that was what kept me going.