Chapter 24

"Alright."

"What?" I asked, my eyebrow raised, surprised that she relented without putting up a fight.

"Alright, talk. I'll listen. Just don't leave first."

"Alright then." I concluded, walking over to the couch and sat down. Taking a deep breath, I started to talk. "Let's start with 2014-"

"Oh come on, that was like 4 years ago. Why do you need to bring that up? That was done and over with," She argued.

"We never actually discussed it from my fucking perspective though. You wanted to talk, I'm willing here. If not, let me the fuck out," I snapped, getting worked up that she didn't understand of shutting the fuck up.

"You're right, I'm sorry.." She apologized, contemplating what to do next before she added, "If I move away from the door and sit down, can you promise me not to run away?"

"What difference would it make if I promise or not? Promises to you are nothing, I should know."

"You really don't have to be salty about these things, you know?"

"Oh, I think it's necessary. It's my form of expression now. And you of all people should know how important expressing feelings are. Remember those rants you wrote about 'Camren'?"

She sighed defeatedly. "Just.. Please don't run yet."

"Fine," I huffed, crossing my arms against my chest as I watched Lauren sit next to me; not exactly close as she usually would get but it was enough for me to move further away.

She saw what I did and looked down sadly, obviously hurt that I needed to be physically far from her.

I didn't want her to burn me. Not anymore at least.

But despite looking defeated for a minute, she seemed determined to make me stay. "Okay, continue."

"A recap in 2014. You dated Luis and started to get more and more distant from me-"

"Was that wrong though? I was dating someone else. We were rumored to be together and I didn't want you to be associated romantically with me when I was clearly dating another person."

"I was fine with that. I mean, I was hurt cause I already loved you by then. What you did was valid though. But after you and Luis broke up, we started getting closer again. We went to The 1975 concert where you first kissed me and that gave me so much hope. But then... you ignored me again after that night."

I paused, waiting for her to recall that memory.

"You ignored me to the point that I ran into someone else's arms. I was so heartbroken that you were so disgusted by me. Oh, but that wasn't what really broke me though, it was the fact that I saw you kiss Brad backstage a few days after."

"Camila, I-"

"I saw you." I interrupted her. "It freaking hurt that you took away my first kiss and you acted like nothing happened. I was in love with you since X-Factor and I was pining over you since then. You knew that. I poured my heart to you at one point after that kiss but you didn't care."

"I cared."

"No you didn't, because if you did, you wouldn't kiss another guy a few days after you took mine. You knew that I would see you and Brad kiss. If you didn't want me to see it, you could've done it somewhere more discreet. That's the crazy part. I think you did it intentionally. You knew I would be there.

"I ran to someone's arms. I felt like you didn't want me and I thought that at least Austin did. So when Austin and I dated, you came back to me. I was happy... Elated even, but I think you did that because you didn't want me with him."