Chapter 13

"Mila, what happened to your arm?" someone called after me while I was busy burning holes through Lauren's and Lucy's heads as they were getting lovey-dovey in the corner of the room.

"Huh," I turned my attention to the source of sound, realizing that it was Dinah. "Oh, yeah, I got a tattoo."

"Holy shit, can I see?"

"Later.. You're gonna sleep here again right?"

"Yeah.." She affirmed. "Are you okay? You seem dazed and kinda down. I'm sorry we hosted a surprise party in your suite without your consent."

"It's okay. I love that you guys did this actually. It's really sweet, so thank you. I'm just a bit tired since your annoying ass woke me up early than humanly possible." I smiled, hoping that it would be enough to convince Dinah.

It wasn't the fact that I had a surprise party that was making me down on my birthday, it was simply the fact that Lauren hadn't said one word to me the second we walked through the door. I understood that we had been at each other's faces since that morning but it doesn't give her the right to just ignore my existence.

This just confirmed my suspicion that she was just bringing me out to stall me as the others got ready for the surprise.

Hell, she might've rented the whole restaurant so people won't see us together.

"I'll be right back," she said before she walked through the sea of people, making me lose sight of her.

Deciding to sit down, I walked to the couch were nobody was occupying the seats and sat down. Soft music were playing through the speakers that was installed in every corner of the room and there were foods near the dining table. The guests were a mixture of celebrities and friends. Ever since I released my album, I've gotten the necessary recognition from singers and producers nationwide. But even if I was somewhat famous, it still felt weird that there were idols I looked up to even before I was in famous attending my birthday party.

Dinah, Ally and Normani came with food on their hands soon after. Dinah brought two plates with her, one for her and one for me.

They sat on the couch near the one I was sitting on. There were 3 couches in total, mine was on the side, facing the other couch while the other one is facing the TV, horizontal from my point of view.

We talked aimlessly about various things whilst we emptied the contents on our plates. I love how they had the decency to actually hang out with me. Some people hosts a surprise party for their friend but once the surprise greeting was over, they tend to leave their friend alone and talked to the guests instead. I was just glad that they care about me enough to not leave me alone.

Lauren and Lucy came moments later, hand in hand, and sat on the other vacant couch across from mine. Even as they were present in our little circle, they mostly talked amongst themselves. Sometimes, they would chime in if one of us asked them a question or if the story involved them but other than that, they were basically living in their love bubble. My stomach just tied into knots every time I heard either of them giggle.

It sucked. It really did. Just yesterday, I was so convinced that I've moved on but ever since Lauren brought me out, my mind just started to fluctuate and I didn't know how I felt for her. In a span of less than 24 hours, Lauren had managed to destroy every single bricks I've stacked up around my heart.