Chapter 19

"Alright, that was great," The producer said once Lauren finished singing her verse in the booth.

"Actually, can I re-do it? I feel like I hit the note a little too low in some of them," Lauren asked.

"It was actually perfect, but sure." The producer replayed the song so that she could re-do it. Just from my peripheral vision, I could see Lauren was nervous as she non-stop ran her hand through her hair; a telltale sign I picked up years ago that she was indeed nervous.

We had spent about 12 hours and counting in the studio, brainstorming ideas for the music and alternating some of the lyrics to fit with the melody. We arrived at around 9am and we worked through the day, only to stop to eat and rest.

We had decided to add a lot of musical instruments in the mix but still has that capability to move the listeners by the sense of sadness and rawness of the song.

The producer we were working with is probably the easiest and chillest one out there. I've known him since last year when I started my album and I thought that he could help with this one too.

And I was right.

Feeling the need to calm Lauren down, I walked over to the systems in front of the booth and held the button so Lauren could hear me, "Lauren, you really don't have to push yourself, just relax."

"I know, it's just... It's nerve-wracking, you know? I've been in this business for quite some time and I know what to do, but this feels different. Because now, it's a song that we've personally written. So I want it to be perfect."

"Yeah.. I know, I was like you when I first started. It's odd singing for yourself, singing a song you've written by yourself, isn't it?"

She nodded in response.

"How about..." I said, pondering over what to suggest, "we take a break for 5 minutes? We can just chill for a while."

Before she could deny my offer, I walked over to the door beside me and opened the door for her to walk out. She didn't answer but accepted my offer by walking out of the booth to the couch and slumped down.

While we were sitting and talking aimlessly to calm her nerves, my manager and a few representatives from my label walked into the room, just adding the nervousness back up.

They stride over to us with stoic facial expressions, making me nervous at each step they took, silently chewed on my fingers while I anxiously anticipating what they were about to say.

It could be because of what Dua and I did yesterday, acting all couple-y and all.

After the event ended yesterday, my twitter notifications had gone through the roof, making my phone app crash once in a while. At one point, our name trended worldwide. Dua was ecstatic and said that it was a job well done while I was scared shitless of what the label might do in response to my somewhat rebellious behavior.

The media had also taken it into account, publishing news after news of what might be happening between us. There were some, however little, who were pretty rational - or ignorant if you prefer - that had said that it was probably a scheme to promote our song we had collaborated upon.

Although there were tons of rumors going around, surprisingly, there weren't any negative ones. All of them showered me with supports if I were to 'swing the other way' because after all, Dua and I looked like a hot couple.

"Camila," Roger started, waking me from my train of thoughts, "We had a few meetings with Fifth Harmony's label and their management about the song and everything."