Chapter 4: She What?

"Babygirl, we can't give up. It probably just isn't showing up. Pregnancy tests can be wrong sometimes."

"After three months I would at least be a little nauseous don't you think?"

I just sighed as I held her in my arms. It was about 5 in the morning and we were up because of rehearsals for the joint event we had planned a few months ago. As well as PR for the event.

"I don't even want to go anymore."

She said more quietly as she turned so her face was in my neck. She tightened her hold on me as I wrapped my arms further around her shoulders. I knew that this has been hard on her the last few days. We here both told not to get our hopes up for it working the first time, but because of her health and when we tried, everyone was sure it would work the first time around. So, seeing as this was about the time she would be feeling symptoms because of the pregnancy but had yet to even have a craving, we were both sort of down about it. Especially since she's taken about ten pregnancy tests the last couple of days and they have all come up negative.

"Okay. You don't have to go. I'll talk to Kanye."

I kissed the top of her head as I spoke again against it.

"When I get back we'll go to the doctor and find out why it isn't working. It was probably just because it was the first time and they'll make us try again."

She nodded slightly in my neck as my alarm went off again. I sighed but didn't move away from my wife just yet.

"Are you going to be okay by yourself? I don't want you to be sulking around while I'm gone. There's probably a simple explanation for everything."

"My parents are driving with Daniel over to Texas for college. I'll call them and tell them that I want to go with."

I nodded before using my hand to make her look up at me.

"It'll be okay, alright? Don't stress yourself out if we don't know what's happening yet."

She nodded as she looked me back in my eyes. I kissed her longingly and softly before I got up and got ready to head to New York for the charity event we were headlining. I kissed her again before I left the house.

The event was in three days and all I was doing while I was in New York was promoting for the event and rehearsing. By the time the performance came along, I had to announce why my wife was not at the event. And to make up for it, I performed double the amount of time I was supposed to.

After the event, even though I was exhausted, I called my best friend via facetime.

"Hey Y/N/N. How was the event? I heard Dinah didn't make it."

I smiled softly at Camila and her usual hyper self.

"Yeah. It was alright, but Dinah wasn't feeling well."

"Symptoms hitting her already?"

I shook my head, sighing deeply.

"Not exactly. We knew the first time it was a possibility it wouldn't work... but we were still so hyped about it. And now that it hasn't, even though we know we just have to wait and try again it's still just sort of depressing. But Dinah is definitely taking way harder. I think she feels like her body is betraying her in a sense, you know?"

Camila had stood up while I was talking, walking into another room for more privacy even though I could see the headphones in her ears.

"Yeah babes, it'll be fine. You probably just got dubbed this time. You guys went through too much for it to not happen. Is she at the house by herself?"