Chapter 11: Jealous

After recording, and releasing, Drunk in Love, then traveling Eurasia in order to help promote both the song, my album, and get word out about our joint album we were planning on recording, I was able to come back to the states. I was back before I was supposed to be since one of the interviews were canceled due to medical reasons for the interviewer.

When I walked in the house, I was going to head upstairs until I heard soft curses and clanking of pots and pans coming from the kitchen. When I walked in Dinah had on a shirt that stopped just below her butt, pulling a pan from one of the cabinets at the bottom. I stared at her for a second as she turned the eye she was about to use on before I spoke.

"Damn. You just knew I was coming home early."

She jumped at the sound of my voice, turning to look at me surprised.

"Hi."

She squeaked out making me laugh as I got closer to her.

"Hi."

I said, kissing her just as softly as I spoke, my hands resting at her sides. She sighed, touching my face lightly and standing on her toes barely to push herself more into me. She giggled when my hands slid down to her butt making me smile at her.

"Mmm. I have to come home early more often."

"What are you doing here?"

"What I'm not allowed in my own house?"

I laughed, kissing her forehead a few times before I went to rummage through the fridge.

"That's not what I meant. I just thought you weren't going to be here for a few more days."

I shrugged, settling on pulling the grapes out of the fridge and setting them on the counter in the middle of the kitchen.

"The interviewer was hospitalized yesterday."

I mumbled through the few grapes I was eating.

"It was that bad that she couldn't come back to work?"

"I guess. They cancelled all her stuff for like the next few weeks. I told Tasha to keep an ear out to make sure it isn't too serious."

She nodded, staying quiet for a second while I went into the pantry to get a water. I thought we were going to move on, but as I took a drink from the bottle she brought it back up again.

"She didn't have a replacement? It's not like you live over there to reschedule easily."

I shrugged again, setting the bottle down on the island before leaning on it.

"I don't know. I didn't ask."

I said laughing softly. She hadn't moved from her position in front of the stove so I walked back over in front of her, reaching behind her to turn off the eye she turned on so it didn't burn the still empty pot sitting on top of it.

"I thought there was a performance too though?"

I laughed again, my hands naturally finding their place on her waist.