Chapter 15: Last Time

Almost a month and a half later, the American leg of my tour ended. The next leg was Europe but I had a week off before it started. So, almost the whole week I was either sleeping or eating until I had to leave since I wouldn't be able to do much of either once I started up again.

Dinah on the other hand was all over the place. Having released a single two weeks prior, she had been all over the different talk shows talking about it and her upcoming album. Today she was doing my favorite talk show, Ellen.

Originally, I wasn't going to show up at all, but when one of Ellen's producers called me to be apart of the show I accepted. The only thing was that I couldn't tell Dinah. So when she left earlier this morning to go to the set, I left an hour later. They had to sneak me around the set to get me ready because I couldn't run into Dinah. It almost failed once when she called me and she heard the echo from one of the producers yelling out a time for when the show was supposed to start. I just told her I was in the car and it must be an echo since sometimes the car would do that. She brushed it off and didn't bring it up again.

Now, I was on my knees and bent over in the dark. Ellen had wanted me to be the person to jump and scare Dinah in the middle of the interview since she knows how much Dinah used to like to do it to Ellen's staff anytime she came here. So I was in the table in the middle of the chairs that they were sitting in, waiting for the question that Ellen would ask so I could jump out. The first part of the interview was about Dinah's new single she just released, Love & War. They also talked about her new album release coming up in a little over a month and what to expect on it before they took a 30 second break; Ellen telling Dinah that when they come that they'll play a game.

I had switched positions once the second part of the interview started so I was more laying down than on my knees. Ellen explained the game, saying the questions were about me and our relationship. Dinah chuckled but agreed, waiting for Ellen to start her questions.

"Okay. The first one is what is your favorite thing about Y/N that most people don't know."

"Aw she's going to kill me. But it's that she's in love with me. I know that you guys already know that. But if you like need her to do anything that would benefit me or would make me smile or happy in any way, she'll do it. No questions asked."

My mouth dropped open as the crowd laughed at what she said. I had to rest my hand over my mouth so I wouldn't start mumbling something that could make them hear me.

"I bet you use that to your advantage all the time."

"When I need it."

I shook my head as Ellen asked her the next question.

"You're first dance?"

"Oh wow. Actually it was the day I went to my second prom. She, Camila, and an old friend were there while I was getting ready. It was actually really cute."

I smiled at the memory. I hadn't thought about that in years because right after it was when she stopped talking to me because of her new relationship.

"First impression of her?"

"Well Camila talked about her all the time. So I thought she was really goofy from the stories. When I first saw her I had to stop looking at her."

Ellen laughed at her as I scoffed softly.

"What? Why?"

"Have you seen her?! I looked at her for two seconds and kept my eyes glued to my phone the rest of the time."

They all laughed at her making her talk again.

"Seriously. She didn't care though. She stared at me the whole time."