Chapter 2: The Start

"Babe I want to match."

I shook my head as I sat in the hair and make up chair. We were back on the set of Ellen and Dinah had been begging everyone around us for us to match color wise instead of her wearing a dress that didn't match my outfit at all.

"Dinah it's my interview. You're only here for the performance. And it's not even in the studio; it's on the outside stage."

"Which is exactly why we should match!"

She said in exasperation.

"They have a dress that matches the other outfit you had to choose between."

My hair stylist whispered, looking at me through the mirror.

"Dinah I'm already dressed..."

I whined because I knew that if she kept this up I would have to change. She pouted looking at me through the mirror as well.

"But... it's Ellen... She loves us when we're cute. And we haven't been on here since we got married. Let's be cute for Ellen."

My make up and hair artists snickered at her, already knowing how she gets when she wants something.

"Luckily for you, you don't wear alot of makeup and if your hair gets messy, it'll still fit the look. Go change. We're done."

My makeup artist said making me roll my eyes at her.

"I won't pay you."

I mumbled making her laugh and pat my shoulder as I stood up.

"Yeah, right. Go ahead and listen to wifey."

I pushed her hand off my shoulder which only made her chuckle again as I walked up to Dinah.

"Why can't I ever have I final say?"

"Because you love me too much to see me upset."

She said before kissing my cheek and turning around to start getting ready for our performance. I shook my head, following her lead so I could make it out to Ellen on time. Once I was done, I met Destiny by the side stage as we waited for me to be announced.

"Hey, that charity event has been postponed another two weeks."

"Great. Dinah should be showing by then; at least starting to."

Her head snapped to me and her eyes widened.

"She's pregnant?!"

I giggled and shook my head.

"No. Not yet. We're working on it."

"For how long?"

"We've been working at it for about a week. We're actually doing the process in a little over a week."

She nodded as I spoke.

"All the sex is a plus too."

She pushed my shoulder with hers as she groaned.

"The last thing I want to hear about is your sex life. Especially when that's all I seem to hear when you guys get alone."

"Long distance is rough. Gotta release the tension somehow."

She shivered at the memory of one of the times she had the privilege to overhear Dinah and I. That night was some of my best work but Destiny didn't agree since she was next door and couldn't sleep with the noises she was hearing.

"Don't remind me. Please."

I giggled again as I heard the applause start. I got ready to walk out when I was spun around and met with my wife.