Chapter 4: Without Him

It was another regular day at Aogiri Tree

It was another regular day at Aogiri Tree. Many of the members going into missions and us executives were relieved off of duty.

Well...me mostly.

News has spread around about my pregnancy like wildfire.

When Tatara heard about it, he was elated. He hugged me so tight and yelled at me for not telling him first since he was like my father after all.

"I was going to tell you but Eto had to open her big mouth."

"I'm going to kill her!" Hugging me once more, he kissed my forehead and ran out the room, yelling Eto's name.

Giggling sheepishly to myself, I suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around my body and pull me closer. Smelling his familiar scent, I deeply sighed and closed my eyes in his arms.

"Hey, my two precious babies." He rubs his hand around my stomach.

"Ayato, do you want a girl or boy? I turned around to see his face as he wrapped his arms around my waist and my arms around his neck.

"Well, if we have a girl, I can call her my princess and spoil her. If we have a boy, man I would love to have a mini-me. Honestly..." He leans in and touches my forehead.

"It doesn't matter to me. I've always wanted a child."

I smiled and then I frowned.

"But Ayato, you said I was your princess. You can't call our daughter a princess too."

He kissed my lips softly and chuckled.

"Baby, you aren't fit to be a princess anymore. You're fit to be a queen.

I blushed and buried my head into his chest.

Kissing my head lightly, he pulled me in closer.

"I can't be a king and not have a queen."

I laughed before dragging him to the bed.

"Hey, don't we need more coffee?"

He nodded and I got up, giving him a quick kiss and grabbed my car keys before heading out the door.

"Aiko, I don't want you going anywhere now that you're pregnant. It's a risk."

"Babe, I'll be fine. I'll be back before you know it, okay."

"Fine, be safe and know that I love you."