Chapter 5: Together

God, being pregnant was already taking a toll on me

I was only a few weeks pregnant and I felt so weak. Ayato has constantly been there, taking care of me and making sure I was okay. He was a little worried that I was sleeping a lot but Eto assured him that it was all part of how it worked.

Tatara had me put on bed rest most of the time because he knew the risk of being a ghoul and pregnant and he didn't want me to do anything.

Noro made sure to bring me flesh every other day and Eto would help me whenever I needed to get out of bed.

Waking up from a quick nap, I got up from the bed slowly, my legs feeling like jello. I knew if someone had walked in and saw me like this, I would be in big trouble but thank God everybody had gone on a mission. Leaning against the wall, I lead myself to the bathroom and shut the door. Staring in the mirror, I took notice that my body had become a little skinnier and my complexion was paler.

Rubbing my eyes, I stripped of my clothes and turned on the shower. Waiting for the water to warm up, I combed up my hair into a messy bun and hung my towel over the shower door.

Stepping into the shower, I sighed in content as the warm water hit my skin. I lathered my skin up with some soap and scrubbed the dirt off.

After rinsing off and getting out, I moisturized my body and put on some sweats and a t-shirt.

As I was walked back to the bathroom to fix up my hair, I was hit with a sudden wave of intense nausea and I fell onto the floor. My eyes were swirling and my head felt light.

'What is going on with me?' I thought as I laid on the floor, sick to my stomach.

Bile rose up in my throat and I weakly crawled to the toilet and threw up. A metallic taste filled my mouth and when I went to wipe my mouth, I saw blood.

I began panicking and my breaths grew faster. Calling to Ayato in my head, I waited for his response but got nothing. He usually would block me out when he was on missions so he could focus.

Lurching forward, I threw up again and began dry heaving. My stomach was in immense pain so I rubbed my baby bump gently.

I began to feel lightheaded and sleepy as a wave of fatigue washed over me. Desperately calling Ayato's name in my mind, I could feel myself going faint.

I closed my eyes and laid on the floor, feeling my consciousness fading.

"Ayato..."

And then I was gone.

---

|Ayato|