Chapter 9: You're Weak, Haise

|Sasaki|

|Sasaki|

Every time I close my eyes, she would appear.

My mind had completely been filled up with Aiko.

Her face.

Her laugh.

Her smile.

She corrupted my daily thoughts. I was so disoriented at work that Arima and Akira were constantly worried about me. I couldn't sleep at night anymore. The darkness of my room would swallow me whole and Kaneki's whispers filled my head.

I didn't know what to do anymore. He was slowly taking control of my body. I wanted to get rid of him but I just didn't know how. No one was giving me the answers I needed and I had no clues at all.

There were some phases in time where I was emotionally distressed to the point where Kaneki was able to take over my body.

He would lash out, breaking and hitting things before he exhausted himself and crawl back into the depths of my mind.

Sitting on the bed after a long day of work, I sat down on my bed, putting my head into my hands.

I was beyond stressed.

I hear my phone ring and don't even bother to pick it up. I lay down on my bed, closing my eyes when my door slams open and Arima walks in, looking worried. When he sees me, he sighs heavily and walks over to me, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Sasaki, we're all worried about you." I couldn't even utter any words. At that point in time, I just wanted to cry. Burying my head deeper in the pillow, I felt the tears start to flow and my body began to shake as I sobbed.

Arima rubs my head soothingly but it didn't comfort me at all.

In fact, it did the complete opposite.

I grew angry.

I feel Kaneki stir inside of me and I couldn't hold him back as he takes control of my body. He sits up, wiping away the tears and pushes Arima off the bed. I scream at him to stop but he ignores me. Arima looks baffled and his mouth is open in shock.

"Sasaki, what has gotten into you?" Kaneki smiles devilishly and tries to grab Arima but Arima was quick as he twists Kaneki's arm around his back causing him wail out in pain.

"Sasaki, calm down!" Kaneki pulls his arm out of Arima's grasp and moves away from him. "You did this to me. You made me like this." I watch Arima's eyes soften and sadness filled his eyes.

"I'm sorry... Kaneki." Once he said that, Kaneki roared ferociously and his kagune flew out of my back causing me to wail out in pain. He growled at Arima. his pupils narrowed to slits. "Don't lie to me, you imbecile! If you were really sorry, then do this one thing for me." Arima's face twisted into seriousness as he leans his head to the side.