Chapter 11: Soon Enough

|Sasaki|

|Sasaki|

Sasaki.

Sasaki.

Sasaki.

Sasaki.

He chanted my name like a song on repeat. My head pounded by the loudness of his voice.

Accept me.

Accept me.

Accept me.

Accept me.

I couldn't. I didn't want to leave those that I've met behind. My family. The Quinx Squad. They were all I had.

His voice grew louder and louder and louder. I screamed. I thrashed. I shouted. I felt hands hold me down. I heard Arima's voice.

"Haise, calm down." I cried. The tears kept flowing.

"Make him stop. Make him stop." I whispered unbeknownst to myself. I wanted peace. I wanted to be free from him. From the voice that plagued my mind.

I was scared for the memories to come back. I was scared to find out who I used to be.

I felt something wet drip onto my arm. Looking up through my blurry eyes, I could see Arima wiping his eyes.

"I'm sorry that I did this to you, Haise." He stands and leaves the room just as quickly as he came.

Kaneki Ken, what are you hiding?
————————
"Quinx Squad, please report to the conference room." Collecting my papers, I packed them into my briefcase and proceeded to the conference room.

Entering, I bowed towards the executive leaders and sat down. Opening my briefcase, I put my papers onto the table and waited as my squad members filed into the room, filling up the once empty table.

After everyone was settled, we began our conference.

"Haise, we will be partnering you up with another squad for a special mission. You and your team will cooperate and your main aim is to put down Madam A once and for all."

I look towards our cooperative team leader. I hated how he always wanted to team us up with someone else. I believed he thinks we aren't capable to do the mission on our own.

Nodding my head, I reply. "Yes sir." For the next half hour, we go over the plan and how we will initiate, and soon after, the conference is concluded and everyone is dismissed.

I head straight back to my room and change into my activewear. Going down into the basement, I flick on the lights and stride over to the thread mill. I run for a half-hour and then lifted some weights. Feeling the sweat run down my body, I grimaced. Wanting to take away the yucky feeling, I went and showered.

After I put on some black slacks and a burgundy Polo shirt, I grabbed my briefcase and glasses. I needed to go back to work to drop off some paperwork and since there was no food in the house, I went to pick up some at the convenience store first.