Chapter 7: Chaos

|Sasaki|

|Sasaki|

Seeing her as I walked through the door at the convenient store, my heart suddenly stopped. I didn't know who she was but my body reacted greatly to her presence.

'It's her.'  The voice whispered in the back of my head. 'Aiko.'

So that was this woman's name. The voice in my head hadn't spoken since two years ago but now suddenly he was active. Her eyes met mine and they widened. She hurriedly grabbed her things and rushed past me but my hand subconsciously grabbed her wrist and I pulled her back.

Studying her face, the voice growled and began banging the insides of my head to be let out. Trying to ignore the forming migraine, I looked at Aiko and cleared my throat.

"Um excuse me, have we met before?" She turn to me, shaking her head quickly. "I don't recall.

I feel her struggle against me but I couldn't let her go.

'Mine, mine, mine.' The voice screamed in my head. Suddenly, my vision went white as a memory flooded my head.

It was her and she was smiling but it wasn't at me but someone who looked just like me.

Feeling dizzy, I slowly let go of her hand and backed away. " I have to go." Holding my head, I walked out the store and over to the side of the building, falling onto the ground.

I felt lightheaded and incredibly weak. Curling up into a ball on the pavement, I closed my eyes and wished for the pain to go away. Suddenly I felt two cold hands brace me on my shoulder blades and when I looked up everything was dark except for a red fluorescent light in front of me.

Feeling a warm breath on my ear, I turned my head to see another me but he had white hair. Dripping from his mouth was blood and his face was covered a sharp purple mask.

"Who are you?" The other me chuckled. "I should be asking you that, Haise. You took my body after all." My eyes widened and I turned to fully face him but he was gone.

"Looking for me?" Up ahead under the red light, there he stood. His kagune was out, wiggling behind his back and I watched him cracked his fingers.

"I want my body back, Sasaki Haise and I will get it back. One of us has to go soon and it will be you." Suddenly, the light flickered and busted surrounding me in complete darkness.

Closing my eyes, I cried out in anguish.

"Leave me alone, whoever you are. This is my body and this is my life. You won't take it away."

Jostled out of my nightmare, I opened my eyes to see Akira and Arima looking down at me in concern.

"What are you doing on the ground, Haise? Are you okay? You took so long so we came here to see." Akira held out her hand and I took it as she helped me off the ground.