Chapter 8

Amrah's POV

I sat on my bed and thought about all that had happened recently. It had really put my life into perspective. Everything in life was so unclear, the only thing definite was death. It was quite ironic to see people try so hard for worldly gain when at the end of the day it would all be lost in death. I heard my phone beep and I realised I hadn't checked it since the accident.

Uthman had finally come home. The full extent of his amnesia hadn't exactly been found, but we knew quite a lot of his memories were lost. He knew who all his family were and his personality was the same, but it was sad to think that so many happy memories we shared could never have existed for him. The doctors said that he might never be able to retrieve his memories, but I was grateful to Allah Ta'ala that he had survived. I had tried to jog his memory but it seemed like nothing triggered any memory. The doctors had said that the memories would come back naturally if they were going to. Nothing was going to magically trigger him to remember. All I know was that I was so grateful for the life that Allah Ta'ala had given even when they could have so easily taken it away.

The azaan for Zuhr rang out and I got up to do wudu and pray. I did duaa for my brother to Allah Ta'ala to grant him a quick recovery. After finishing, I just sat there when I heard my phone ringing. I got up and my heart dropped when I saw who it was.

Why was Ibrahim calling me?

I hesitated, I wasn't sure if I should pick up. Before I could make a decision, the phone stopped ringing. What could Ibrahim possibly want to talk to me about? Should I call him back? I wasn't really sure what the protocol was exactly.

In the end, I decided to just ignore it. Maybe it had been an accident...

I was walking down to the school gates and just as I was about to leave I caught sight of the one person I really didn't want to deal with at the moment. We locked eyes and he walked over to me. He reached me and started speaking,

"Why didn't you answer my call?" He looked mad. I looked away,

"I didn't have my phone on me so I didn't see the missed call until afterwards." I felt so bad for lying and I knew he knew I was lying.

"You could have called me back then." We stood in silence for a few moments before he started to walk away. I turned towards him and asked,

"Why did you call then?" He looked at me and shrugged his shoulders. He turned around and walked off. I didn't know what to say. I knew I should have said something but out of nowhere my eyes glanced towards the opposite side of the road.

Priya.

I remember when I found out about her, I swore that I would never forgive her, that the next time I saw here she'd get what was coming to her. But seeing her in reality, I just didn't have the strength to hold even more grudges. She did what she did and it was in the past. I didn't have to talk to her, but at least I should let go of her.

-Start flashback-

I was sat there eating a sandwich, it was a very nice sandwich but I couldn't remember which one it was. Amy was sat opposite me and talking to me,

"I heard Priya got kicked out. She failed her AS exams and she had to go to another school."

I felt bad. I mean she had been my best friend for over 13 years. But we had grown apart in recent years but I still wanted what was best for her. Amy was still talking,

"You know, its kind of her own fault. She never used to study and then expected to get results."

I agreed. That was very true. She always used to complain about not knowing stuff when she would never put the effort in to learn it. That never made sense to me. She started laughing then,