Confronting Jayvynn

Friday, October 17th. The bell rang and everybody was leaving to go to their fifth period class. Jayvynn walked towards Jaylynn and Jaylynn was at her locker. She tapped on Jaylynn's shoulder and Jaylynn turned around. She slapped Jayvynn quick-like and Jayvynn gasped while she had her hand on her left cheek.

Jayvynn (with a shocked look on her face): What the hell was that for?

Jaylynn: Why did you tell that damn caseworker what was really goin' on in our house, and that I was coverin' up for Machete, why?!

Jayvynn: I was helpin' us out, I want us to get help, I want us to get away from him, he needs to be in prison, you were caged up, weren't you, Lynn, that's why you're actin' like this, he turned you against me, Machete turned you against me!

She took her hand from her cheek.

Jaylynn: Machete didn't do a damn thing to me!

Jayvynn: Yes, he did, I know he did, and you know he did, too, Lynn, I found our real family, they're nice, they're kind, they're lovin', and they miss us, Lynn, our grandfather, Rikishi, he saved me, while Machete was gone, and you were still at school, I took my shit from the house, and I left, I'm stayin' with Rikishi, until, he gets you, Aunt Tamina, and Uncle Jimmy is gonna take me out for lunch, you should come, I want you to, they saved me, they can save you, too.

Jaylynn: I don't need to be saved, I'ma deal with my fear my own way, I don't need anybody to save me, I can save myself, I have to deal with my own fear, nobody can save me, uso, not even you.

She closed her locker. She began to walk away and Jayvynn grabbed her arm quick-like. She got in front of Jaylynn and they looked at each other.

Jayvynn: Jaylynn, please, just come with me, they'll fix you up, and they'll take care of you, they won't hit you for no reason at all, you won't have to worry about takin' care of both of us, and protectin' both of us.

Jaylynn hugged her and Jayvynn hugged her back with a smile.

Jaylynn: I'll see you soon, sis.

She walked away and Jayvynn watched her go.

Jayvynn: Will I see you for our match, tonight?

Jaylynn didn't say anything. She kept on walking and went to her class. Jayvynn had a worried look on her face and she went to her class.