Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I peered through my binoculars, watching from a distance as the staff members left the museum. I had to wait until closing time until I could get back inside the museum to find out more about the diamond. The only information I was able to collect from today was that the only people who had access to the diamond was the staff. Hopefully I could go in there and find some more clues.

 “So are you ready for this?” Andy asked from beside me in the driver’s seat.

I turned around in my seat to face him “always”, I said with a smirk.

“So you know to call for backup when you find out more and-“

“Yes, yes I know” I interrupted “You don’t have to worry about me. When have you ever known me to fail?” I said, rolling my eyes.

“I’m just saying, you should always keep your guard up”

“I know, I’ve been doing this for years now, I think I know what I’m doing” I replied confidently.

 Andy was like the older brother I never had and it was nice to know that he cared for me. But sometimes he seemed to forget that I was one of the best spies and the chances of me failing were pretty slim.

With my glasses on and my spy uniform- which consisted of an all in one black suit, to match the dark of the night, with a belt of gadgets along the waist- I made my way towards the museum but not before giving Andy a confident smirk and a little salute, to which he just sighed and shook his head.

My back was pressed against the walls as I was making my way into the museum, to make sure that the cameras didn’t catch me. It was quite dark so I was hoping the cameras didn’t pick up on any of my movements.

Once I reached the main entrance, I was just about to pick the lock when I noticed that the door was already open. Someone must not have left yet. I panicked slightly and ran into the dark museum as quietly as I could. I was constantly checking my surroundings, but couldn’t see or hear anything.

My only source of light was from the moonlight, shining through the massive window which shed light to the reception desk.  Seeing as it was the only thing I could make out in the dark, I checked my surroundings once again before making a mad dash towards the reception desk and crouched behind the desk.

I took deep breaths as I contemplated about what I should do. I was just supposed to go in, find some clues and then get out. But now I have to potentially deal with someone else.  I had to deal with one thing at a time, so I took a deep breath to clear my mind and looked around me for anything I could do.

I turned behind me and seen a computer screen. That was when I remembered that I was supposed to disable the security cameras before going in but my eyebrows crinkled in confusion as I examined what was in front of me. The security cameras had already been disabled.  That definitely confirmed my suspicions that someone was in the building.

The only thing I could do now was to investigate, so I decided to make my way over to the diamond room, where I was supposed to be in the first place. Just as my foot was about to place itself on the entrance of the room, I heard muffled footsteps coming from the room.  I froze and started to look for somewhere to hide but seeing as I was still in the hallway of the museum there was nowhere to hide.  I really needed to speak to Missy about inventing an invisible cloak; it would really come in handy right about now.

I tiptoed more closely to where the noise was coming from; it seemed as though it was coming from inside the room with the diamond. I wondered who it could be. Could it have been the person who stole the diamond in the first place? But that didn’t make any sense; the diamond had been stolen already so why would someone be in the diamond room?