Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Currently sitting in registration class, nursing my slight headache whilst trying to remember the events of the previous night was not easy. To be honest, I didn’t really remember much except from someone talking to me at the bar. As for what happened after that, my mind is kind of fuzzy on those memories.

I woke up in bed this morning with the worst headache imaginable. I couldn’t even remember getting home last night. I must remember to thank Andy next time I see him as he probably had to carry me to bed or something- as usual- my mum had to give him a spare key because of the amount of times he has had to carry me home.  This happens every time I go out, and every time Andy always carries me home and every time, I give him his favourite chocolates as a thank you. But I don’t ever regret going out, I always have a blast- well from what I remember of it anyway.

Our registration teacher, who was also my English teacher, Miss Ricci, walked in with a boy who I had never seen before. He turned around to face the class and I had to hold in my laughter, he looked like a proper little geek. Then I looked down at my attire and forgot that I was also a geek, but mine was just a disguise though. He was quite tall and was wearing a green checkered shirt which was neatly tucked into his trousers which gave the image of a proper geek. The shirt complemented his green eyes which were covered by his thick rimmed glasses so I couldn’t see much of his eyes; apart from that they were green, from this distance.

Miss Ricci gets the classes attention “alright class, we have new student today, so please introduce yourself” she says turning to the new boy. All eyes are suddenly focused on him, and he looks wearily around the class before pushing his glasses up and saying “hello” he said rather nervously. Poor guy, who wouldn’t be nervous, especially with this rowdy class. No one in this class really pays attention and they always talk over the teachers and do stuff that really annoy me while I am actually trying to study hard. “I’m Aaron and I just moved here from East London”

“Thank you Aaron, you can sit in the spare seat at the back”, and guess where that one seat was. Yep, right beside me.

As he sits down he glances my way and I give him a small smile which he returns before returning my attention back to Miss Ricci who was reading the latest announcements on what was happening in the school and the scores of the school football match. I really was not bothering with what Miss Ricci was talking about; it was just that I could feel Aaron staring at me and I didn’t exactly want to turn around because first of all that would be awkward for him if I caught him staring at me and second, it would involve having to have some sort of conversation with him, which I really didn’t want to do.  I couldn’t involve any new people into my life, which would mean adding one more person that I had to lie to and keep my spy secret from. I just didn’t want to make the same mistake my mum made and nearly blurt out the secret.  

As soon as the bell rang signalling for everyone to go to their first period class, I shot out of my seat quickly to try to avoid Aaron as it looked like he was about to say something but I quickly dismissed it and made a quick dash for the door. I don’t think he had stopped staring at me since he had sat down and it was really weirding me out.

Just as I had reached the door Miss Ricci called my name just before I was able to get out. I impatiently turn around to see Aaron standing awkwardly beside Miss Ricci. “Patricia, could you please show Aaron around the school and take him to his next class. I can trust you to show him the right way. Unlike the others” she mumbled the last part more to herself and turned away back to her desk before I could protest. I decided I was better of listening to Miss Ricci, she could be quite scary. She was in her late thirties, always wore her hair in a tight bun and always had a scowl on her face. Although she hardly smiles and is scary looking, I’m sure underneath all that she is a nice person. Maybe.