One: Cam's

When people took a first look at me, they would see a young girl who had everything she could possibly need. It's true, of course. But in my life I lacked the one thing I desperately wanted - freedom.

My family had always been average, a middle class family with a decent amount of money, therefore when I asked for something I usually got it. But it wasn't necessarily the best situation. If I asked for money I would have to explain why I needed it and sometimes a girl just needs privacy.

Perhaps I'm spoiled or not grateful enough, but just like any other teenager I wanted my own money. Not my mom's money, not my dad's money, but my money that I earned and could do whatever the hell I wanted with it.

I stared at my phone, constantly refreshing my emails and constantly being disappointed when I hadn't received anything. No emails, no calls, nothing. It was sad, really. Eighteen years old, in my senior year of high school and I can't even get a part time job.

"No luck?" I heard my friend Thea ask me.

I looked up from my phone and across the lunch table at her, "Nothing. No one will hire me because I'm either too young or have little qualifications."

It wasn't like I was going without. I lived in a nice house with my parents, I was given an allowance and I got to use the family car when it was available, but I wanted my own money. I wanted to have my own car and drive to the movies with my friends. But I needed a job for that.

"Why are you looking for a job?" Carter, my other friend chimed in.

Both Thea and I looked at him as though he should already know the answer, "Are you kidding me? You have a job. You technically don't need one but you have one because every teenager needs their own money."

"Fair enough," He took a large gulp of his soda before continuing, "I can put a good word in for you at the sub shop."

The sub shop was where Carter was working, he was lucky enough to get employed and had the same qualifications as me. I nodded my head in agreement, "That would be great, thank you."

"How about we go to the mall later and you can put a resume in at every outlet?" Thea suggested eagerly.

That wasn't exactly what her plan was, I knew from experience that her intentions were to go and shop. I wanted to shop, but what I needed was a job.

"Thanks for the offer, but I have other places that I need to bring resumes today." I nodded, hoping that I would have more luck after school today.

After my last two classes, Thea and I had went directly from school and down town so I could put out some resumes. I had brought around thirty copies and luckily Thea was kind enough to take the journey with me to each place as I introduced myself before passing a resume.

Between food chains, clothing stores, coffee shops, and diners - no one seemed the slightest bit interested but accepted my resume anyway. In other words I assumed they took it to be polite but just threw it away as soon as I left.

The weather was decent, but the later it became the air grew slightly cooler which made me begin to regret wearing a black romper today instead of something that would keep my legs warm.

"I have to be heading home now, Liv," Thea said as she slid her phone into her pocket, "My mom has dinner ready and I have a Chemistry test I need to study for."

I glanced down at the resumes in my hands. There wasn't many left, we actually managed to get a lot passed out, "That's fine. Thanks for coming with me. I'm just going to pass out a few more and I'll head home in a bit also."