Twenty: The Episode Of My Life

"Want to tell me about everything that's bothering you?" Cameron asks me when our date has come to an end.

We're laying in his bed, winding down after the meltdown I had a while earlier. I exposed that I have a lot going on in my life but never went too far in depth with exactly what was troubling me. It isn't like I could tell him the whole story, but I could go around it.

"There's way too many problems to explain them all," I tell him while I stare up at the ceiling, "But to narrow it down, my friends have been judging me a lot. My friend, whom you met at the mall, she thinks I can do better than working in a bar and I can't help but be angry with her for the judgement."

Cameron takes a deep breath and I can see his head turning to look at me in the corner of his eye, "You probably could do better, you know. I can't argue with that. You're smart, beautiful, and most of the time you're a people person. Your friend is right, Olivia."

I turn on my side to face him, leaning up on my elbow and sighing at his response. He doesn't get it. Just like Thea doesn't, "That's not the point. It isn't about how good I can do, it's about what makes me happy... She knows that I love working here, yet, she's more concerned about where I go after..."

I'm too late stopping myself and Cameron questions me, "Where you go after what?"

My eyes avoid his and I surprise myself with the response I muster up in such short time, "Where I go after you fire me." I force a laugh, "I had told her about the rough start, not gonna lie, I've been waiting for you to fire me for quite some time."

I've managed to dodge the conversation and bring Cameron's mind to something else, "You're just too sensitive."

"Fuck you," I giggle at his response. Of course he would say that.

Cameron's lips form a playful smirk, "What I wouldn't do to fuck you."

My instinct is to sit up but I can't keep my face from burning. I find myself laughing but I'm not sure if I find something funny or if I'm just overwhelmed, "Cameron..."

"Can you hold the name calling for later?" He asks me, resting his hand on my back and sliding it around to my front, "You know that I've wanted you for a long time, and you've never denied wanting me, too. What's keeping you from just going for it?"

I look over at Cameron who has lust in his eyes and I consider his words. He's right, I know that he has wanted me and I have wanted him also, but what exactly did he want; me or my body? Ever since Luke, I had become nervous about giving myself to another man. Sex is more than just a good time to me, when I give myself to someone, it's someone that I trust.

"This isn't something that I want one time, Olivia. Just so you know," Cameron sits himself up and his hand moves from my side and rests gently on my knee, "I... I'm not sure how to say this exactly, but I'm... really fond of you."

"Fond of me?" I try not to laugh at his pathetic way to express emotions.

"Yes... I am attracted to your body and your personality, not just what's on the outside, okay? So when I make a move on you, it's as genuine as something could be," He reassures me. I feel him give my knee a gentle squeeze and he smiles at me, "How about this, I will go tomorrow without letting my eyes to wander. No touching or flirting."

I can't help but laugh, "You're smooth, Cameron. You know I don't work tomorrow so you have nothing to worry about."

"You don't? Damn. Am I lucky, or what?"

I shake my head while laughing and stand from the bed. Once I turn to look at Cameron I notice that he is watching me attentively, not my body, but he looked at my face. I'm not sure what had drawn me to all of these bad things within the past few months, but I liked it. I've never been a bold person to step outside of my comfort zone and do exciting things, and Cameron is as exciting as anyone could come.