Twenty-Nine: Not About Us

"Zoey, where's Cameron?" I speak over the crowd of people.

I had driven Roxy to Cameron's bar so she could speak to him. She agreed that against everything she had struggled with these past few years, that telling Cameron was best and that if anyone could help her, it's her brother.

Roxy isn't having an easy time thinking about how she could approach the situation, but she waited in my car while I got Cameron to come outside and talk to her privately.

Zoey smiled when she seen me, "Olivia! It's so good to see you... I was disappointed when Cameron told me that you quit."

I wondered if he told her why I quit. I technically should have never been working there to begin with, but I would miss seeing Zoey all the time.

"Yeah, things came up and..."

"I'm sorry you guys broke up," She added with a sympathetic smile, "Sometimes two really good people just aren't good together, you know?"

I couldn't talk about my damaged relationship with Cameron any longer, "I just need to know where he is... It's really important."

"I haven't seen him in over an hour," Zoey answers me, shrugging her shoulders, "Last time I saw him he was at one of the booths talking to a group of people."

I scan the room, not seeing any signs of Cameron anywhere. He wasn't at any of the tables and I had just walked in from outside so he wasn't there either. The only other option was his room, the bathroom, or the storage room. I know for a fact that he wouldn't use the public bathroom because he has his own, so I don't bother to check there.

Skipping the storage room, I walk to his bedroom door and knock with urgency. I need to get him before Roxy changes her mind because this is her place to tell Cameron, not mine. If I take too long I fear that she will talk herself out of it.

I hear the door unlock and a moment later Cameron stands in front of me in all of his shirtless glory. There's no secret as to how I find him attractive, even though the brief relationship we had is now in the dumpster, I can still find him attractive; I still do. His bare chest and visible tattoos are hard to look away from, but I do.

"What do you want?" He asks me, his voice cold and careless.

He's visibly drunk and based on his eyes, he seems to be high as well, but I can't let his demeanor keep me from talking to him. This isn't about me or us.

"Sorry to interrupt you, can you step outside for a second?" I ask.

Cameron shakes his head, "I'm busy. And you're underage so you technically shouldn't be here."

"Cameron, lets not play that card... I'm not here for the bar, I'm here because I need to talk to you," As I explain, I hear the bubbling sound of a bong being used that catches my attention. I know that Cameron is high, but I assumed he would be getting lit alone. I just pray that it isn't Vincent he's partying with, knowing that would scare Roxy away.

"Cam, hurry the fuck up," A female voice calls out and I feel my heart shatter.

It's just a girl, I tell myself. They're just getting high, it doesn't mean anything.

When Cameron turns around to respond, the door shifts open a little more and I get a clear view. It's the same girl he was making out with in the storage room when I first started working here. Jules, I believe her name is. Her red hair is a mess and she's sitting on Cameron's bed with her legs under the blankets, topless. No shirt, no bra. I can see her giant breasts from across the room and it doesn't take an idiot to know the shit going on here.