Thirty: Addiction

This is the second time in this short amount of time that I've been at the police station. This time, under difference circumstances.

I walk down the hall of jail cells, people on each side but I'm not focusing on them or their obnoxious catcalls. My destination is at the end; the cell that held Cameron.

As I get closer I see him sitting on bench, waiting to be placed in a different cell that he will be using until his trial. He could be in jail for months, that was still to be determined.

"Cameron..." My voice cracks and when he looks up at me he seems broken, completely empty.

His white shirt is stained with dark red blood, the same blood that stained his hands. He was untouched, though. Vincent didn't get a chance to throw a single punch in Cameron's direction was really terrifying. I saw a different side of Cameron, an aggressive and truthfully scary side. He was defensive of his little sister which is enough to make any girl admire him, but when he's angry he's intense.

"Where's Rox?"

"She's uh... she's in for questioning," I tell him. I was brought in for questioning and so was Roxy, the police are waiting on Vincent to wake up, hoping that he will wake up.

Cameron nods his head, "You too?"

I only nod.

"What do you think of me?" He surprises me with the question and I'm not sure what he wants to hear, "Do you think I'm a monster? Are you afraid of me now?"

"No," I answer instantly, not hesitating. I'm not afraid of Cameron, I know his reasoning for his actions and although I don't believe that violence is the answer, he did the only thing he knew he could do to protect his sister, "You were protecting Roxy."

"And you're okay with how I handled things?" He challenges me, "You don't look at me differently because I'm sitting behind bars with someone's blood on my hands."

"What do you want me to say, Cameron?" I'm exhausted, this entire night has been a complete mess and now it just seems like Cameron is playing with my emotions, insisting that I say something different than what he wants to hear, "I don't know why you care what I think of you. We aren't together so what I think doesn't matter."

Cameron stares at me quietly, his eyes seems to be staring right into my soul but I can't seem to tear my gaze from his. It's intense and almost as though we can read each other's minds; we don't have to say anything, we know what the other is thinking.

There has always been something about Cameron, but regardless of my attraction to him, I'm not sure I can ever forgive him for what he did to me. He may have actually developed feelings for me, but I've had enough bad relationships in my life to not want to take the chance on another jerk. I can't emotionally handle getting my heart broken again.

"I care about what you think because I know that our connection was real whether you choose to believe it or not," His voice is quiet but deep, he's insistent and I can hear in his tone the seriousness that he's maintaining, "I know that I fucked up with us, but I also know that you still have feelings for me. If you didn't care, you wouldn't be here."

"Of course I care, Cameron. But that doesn't mean I will ever let you into my heart again... I won't. You crossed a line that went too far and I can't just forget that," I shake my head, refusing to let him in again, "What you did was with good intentions to protect your sister, but you put a man in ICU. He could die, Cameron. That isn't okay because you let your anger take over and you do stupid things."

"Tell me more," His voice almost sounds taunting, but I think he really does want to hear my opinions; bad or not, "Get it out, Olivia. Tell me how bad of a person I am, tell me how much you hate me for hurting you."