Eleven: Alone With Him

Thea had convinced me that I could still get out of this mess. It wasn't took late, I mean, if I quit working at the bar before anyone found out about my age then there's no harm that could be done. I could potentially save myself and everyone involved from the fallout that had yet to come, I just needed to bail before anything was made known to Cameron.

I was still at the point where I didn't want to leave, I was enjoying my time with Cameron and Zoey, I felt responsible by earning my own money and making friends outside of high school but Thea was right. The longer I tried to justify my actions, the worse things would turn out in the end. Not just for me, but for Cameron.

I had already procrastinated long enough, waiting all through the next weekend to talk to Cameron who had surprisingly been MIA for the most part. I'd seen him less over the past week but it only made my excuse to wait even easier when I spoke to Thea every night. She would ask if I put in my notice and I was truly honest in saying that Cameron wasn't around to speak to. Although, I knew this lucky streak wouldn't last forever.

When Monday came around, I had my mind completely set on having this discussion once I seen Cameron. Monday was the slowest night of the week and that meant we could actually talk about it rather than having a brief conversation with no detail. I wanted to let him know that I appreciated him giving me a chance, but somehow working in a bar wasn't for me. Of course I had zero intentions on bringing up my age and after I quit I would possibly never see Cameron again - which stung.

I attempted to keep my mind off of my intentions to speak to Cameron while I helped Zoey clean some new glasses that Cameron had delivered. I should be more mature than this but my inner sensitive self became emotional at the thought of leaving this behind. I truly loved being here, not so much at the beginning, but after spending nearly two months around this place almost daily it felt like I would be leaving a piece of me behind.

"Sometimes I wonder about you," Zoey spoke which tore me away from my thoughts.

I looked at her with a raised eyebrow, "Huh?"

"I've never seen anyone so invested in cleaning a glass," She giggled softly before shrugging her shoulder, "I commend you, but the sniffling is a little much, hun."

"Oh," I straightened my frame slightly and managed a small smile at Zoey, "I've been sniffling since last night, I think it's the beginning of a head cold or something. It distracts me so I'm sorry if I'm taking too long on the glasses."

How embarrassing could I possibly be? I could only hope that Zoey would believe my bullshit excuse, but soon enough she would know the truth anyway. Her look said it all, she knew there was more than I was letting on but she failed to question me when the front door opened and Cameron walked in.

His eyes were on his phone and he seemed clearly distracted, but after being gone all weekend it was good to see him. At least that's what the flutters in my stomach told me.

"Well, well, look who decided to show up," Zoey joked, giving a nod towards Cameron, "To what do we owe the pleasure, Cam?"

I could hear Cameron chuckle and as he put his phone away, his eyes landed on Zoey, "Don't be cute with me. You knew I would be back today."

A part of me wanted to say something to him. Hi, or even ask how his weekend was. Regardless, I was desperate just to speak to him considering we hadn't spoke much since the night I passed out in his room and nearly blew his entire world apart.

Before I could speak to get his attention, he spoke to me, "You free, Olivia?"

"Me?" I placed my hand on my chest and looked towards Zoey before quickly looking back at Cameron, "Well, I'm working... But you know that."