Nine: Cameron's Bedroom

Of all the nights I worked at Cam's, tonight was passing by the slowest. A lot of the reason being that my mind was filled with the thought of my best friend hating me - I wanted to make things right as soon as possible but I couldn't explain the situation without having everything explode in my face. I trust Thea with every secret, with every thought I've had since we were kids, but with something so big I knew that if I told the wrong person it could all go to hell.

It was clear that I was doing far from impressive work no matter how hard I tried to focus. For weeks I had tried desperately to make Cameron notice that I'm a hard worker but I was flushing all of my efforts down the toilet.

When I slid a vodka tonic in a customer's direction, the man stood up and smacked his fists on the counter, "You think I ordered this pussy juice? Where's my rum bi--"

"Hey, hey, hey," Cameron pushed his way past Zoey and I, standing in front of the man on the opposite side of the counter, "Calm down, man. Watch the language towards the lady."

The man didn't back down, flailing his arms towards me in irritation,  "She fucked up the simplest order, it's bullshit!"

"I'm very sorry," I attempted to apologize but to no avail.

"Sorry doesn't put rum in this glass, sweetheart."

Cameron shook his head and motioned towards the door, "I'm cutting you off. Call a cab and get out of here."

Being cut off by Cameron only seemed to upset the man even more, without hesitation or giving me time to react, the man threw the vodka at me, causing me to become soaked with the liquid. The smell of alcohol was much stronger to me now than it had been any time I made a drink, perhaps it was due to my hair being drenched.

"What the fuck?" Zoey flailed her arms towards the man and her eyes flared with anger. She was a feisty one and now it was clear to me that Zoey was also defensive of her friends, giving me yet another thing to admire about her.

I stood in shock, silent and completely humiliated by the entire situation. No words came to mind even if I wanted to speak up for myself, I just never anticipated having a drink thrown at me tonight - or ever.

Cameron called over Bullet, the bouncer. He was always around but I had never seen him at work until down when Cameron was demanding that he throw the drunken man to the curb. Cameron's eyes were full of rage and his jaw was noticeably clenched from the situation. I was impressed that he managed to keep his words to a minimum giving the fact that he was clearly very frustrated.

As Bullet began to drag the man through the crowd, Cameron turned to me and looked me up and down, "You need to change. I'll give you a shirt to throw on but you're done for the night."

"Cameron, it's fine. I can still work."

"Go to my room, Olivia. Get cleaned up, I'll be there in a few minutes to give you some clothes," He continued, turning his attention to where Bullet was in the crowd and walking out from behind the bar to follow him outside with the man.

I kept my eyes on him, speaking to Zoey in hopes that she could answer the question that was peaking my curiosity, "Where is he going?"

"Who knows with Cam," Zoey answered simply, "You should be going to his room, though. You're a mess and shaking like a leaf."

My eyes fell to my hand seeing the vibrations running through my finger tips. I hadn't realized how shaken up I was until Zoey mentioned it, but she was right; I was shaking uncontrollably.

"Oh darn..." I sighed softly and looked at Zoey apologetically, "I'll be back to help as soon as I get cleaned up."

"Don't worry about it, hun." She smiled at me and motioned her head towards the hallway, "Get going."