Chapter 21: Rethinking

Seulgi POV

I walked on the sidewalk and saw Wendy. "Wan-ah?"

She turned her head, "Seul? What are you doing here?"

"I'm just walking around. Are you here to talk to your dad?" Wendy asks

"Yep" I said

"I wanna accompany you"

"Waeyo?"

"I wanna see the angry Seul that I never see" 

"Fine" 

Me and Wendy walked into Appa's building. "Annyeong, how may I help you?"

I stared at the front desk lady, I tried to hold in my angry as possible, "Could you please tell me where Appa... I mean... Mr. Kang's office?"

Her eyes widen, "Oh! Are you Mr. Kang's daughter?"

I nodded my head. She then stuttered, "Y--yes... J--jus--t go through th--at hall and his office should be at the end of the hall"

"Thank you" I said

I bowed to her and turned to Wendy who was giving me a thumbs up while sitting on the couch in the lobby. I walked towards the hallway. Once I reached his office, his assistant came over to me. Ugh, this is the assistant I absolutely hate.

"I'm sorry, but he's busy at the moment. I'm sure you have something to say that's really important, but if you could leave a message, I'm glad to leave a message for him" She said. I bet she knew that I hated her

"Um... I'm sorry that you're his assistant, but I need to go through and talk to him" I said

"And who are you?" She asks

I took a deep breath, "I'm his daughter"

She chuckles, "You're his daughter? You can't just assume you can walk in" 

"Yes I can. I'm his daughter apart of the family that he left. So now im asking you this, as his daughter I'm telling you to move aside please" I said

She moved aside as I opened his office door. Which revealed him at his desk. "Look Mr, I got to call you back. My daughter showed up at my office door"

He hung up and he looked at me. "What are you here for?"

"I want to call off the wedding" I said, truthfully

He looked at me like I was crazy, "Excuse me? What about the company?"

"What about me? Jaebum ah is being rude to me. How I'm I suppose to marry him? He's absolutely been the rudest person I ever encountered" I said

"Here let's do this, marry him and I'll let you do anything for the company." 

"Anything?" I reassured

"Ne. You can do and change anything you like about the company and my assistants can treat you with respect also" 

"There has to be a catch though"

"Oh... My daughter became really smart..."

"Okay so...? What if I don't marry him?"

"Let's put it this way... If you don't agree to marry him or if you do marry him and then you change your mind about marrying him, then you will lose your responsibilities around the company"

My eyes widen, "That's it?"

"Ne... If you agree with this deal, you'll be one step closer to have responsibilities and respect around the company" 

"We'll see..."

That's all for this chapter!