Chapter 25: What Happened to You? (Part 1)

Seulgi POV

I suddenly woke up from my phone, buzzing on my bedside table. I blindly tried to find my phone. Once I found it, I picked it up and turned on my phone. The light shines, forcing me to almost blind myself by the bright light. 

"Ahh~" I thought to myself, "The light is so bright~" I then checked my notification. Who's going to text me in 6:30 in the freaking morning?

Once I got a clear look on who was texting me, it's Jaebum. Oh that's right, I changed his contact name.

SaltyJaebum: Annyeong Seulgi ah~

Seulbear: What do you want?

SaltyJaebum: You wanna just start over?

SaltyJaebum: Not being able to talk to you, made me realized how I hurt our friendship. Especially with Jimin ah

I stared at the text messages, my eyes widen in surprised. Is he really texting me this?

Seulbear: What's wrong with you Jaebum?

Seulbear: It's so weird that you want to make up

SaltyJaebum: So we cool?

Seulbear: Sure...

SaltyJaebum: Cool

SaltyJaebum: Do you want to watch a movie tomorrow?

SaltyJaebum: I mean, since our wedding is in a month or so, we still haven't became close. So, do you want to hangout like when we were friends?

SaltyJaebum: We could also become close again so it isn't as awkward 

SaltyJaebum: If you don't want to see a movie, that's fine

Read 6:37 am

・・・

I woke up again and now it's 9:26 am. Oh, I must've crashed after. The sunlight shining through my window glare shined on my phone. Wow, so much messages from Jaebum ah.

Seulbear: Sorry for the late reply Jaebum ah, right after I fell asleep again

Read 10:01 am

SaltyJaebum: It's alright, I also fell back asleep after xD

Seulbear: By the way... Can I ask a question real quick?

SaltyJaebum: Yah, you don't need to ask

Seulbear: Well, it's a force of habit :/

Seulbear: Why were you up at six in the morning?

SaltyJaebum: Appa was making a lot of noise

SaltyJaebum: Both of my parents are early risers, but I still don't know how but I'm a late riser

Seulbear: Yeah same!

Seulbear: Anyways, you wanna go to the cafe today? 2:00 pm ish?

SaltyJaebum: Sure

・・・

I met up with Jaebum ah at the cafe. When I opened the door, a little bell rings as I walk in. I then saw Jaebum ah sitting at a table. As I was walking towards him, the same things were ringing in my mind, 'Is there a catch to this? Why is he acting so different?'

When I got there, I sat down. "Here. I got you an americano. I wasn't so sure if you like it"

"It's fine. I actually like americano" I said, smiling then taking a slip from my coffee

Jaebum sighs in relief, "Oh that's good... I was scared if you wouldn't like it"

I nodded. "I'm surprised. This isn't really bitter"

An hour and a half passed and we walked down the streets looking at stores. My stomach growls as a held it in. Jaebum ah then turns to me. "You hungry?"

I nodded my head. 

"You wanna get... Bulgogi?" He asks

"Sure" I said

We arrived at the restaurant and ordered food. Once when the Bulgogi arrived, the aroma of the meat came towards me as I was so happy. We started to eat. A few minutes passed and Jaebum spoke, "Hehe. I guess you were really hungry" 

When I finally got a look at my plate it was empty. I guess I ate so much I didn't notice how much I ate, "Oh... Yeah. I skipped lunch"

Finally when the check I pulled out my wallet from my purse. "Aniyo I'll get it"

"No, I'll get it" I said

I suddenly remembered when me and Jimin were eating at a restaurant together and he was persistent on paying for the meal. I don't know why, but I just remembered it because Jaebum ah was almost doing like the same thing. I smiled, remembering on how Jimin ah kept trying to pay.

Jaebum then just stared at me. "What are you smiling about?" 

I then snapped out, "Oh nothing. What?? You paided?!"

"Yeah, when you were spacing out" Jaebum said

・・・

It's current night time and we were passing a bunch of people on the streets. 

"Ooh~ let's cut through the Han River!" I said

When we got there, we kept walking. To my left and right, I could see couples spending time with each other and also families. Then Jaebum stopped. "Mwo?"

I turned around and saw Jaebum who was standing there. I then walked towards him. "Why did you stop?"

"Seulgi ah... I need to tell you something" He says

"Hah?" I said

"Even since our break up, I was having mixed feelings about you. Especially when I was being an ass to you, plus I regret it... The reason why I woke up at 6 in the morning is because..." He paused, "Of you"

I'm still clueless at the moment. "What do you mean?"

"I was up at six in the morning because I kept thinking about you and how I hurt you. I thought about every way possible for you to not hate me. So... I now know how I feel... So, Seulgi ah. I want us to get back together" He explains. "I love you Seulgi..."

"Woah... This is so sudden" I said 

I then heard something or someone move behind the bushes. When I fully turned around, I realized who it was. My eyes widen and so did theirs.

"Jimin ah..??"

That's it for the first part to the chapter! I hoped you liked this chapter! Oh, Red Velvet's first performance came out and it was sooooo lit... 🔥🔥🔥 I love it!

Friend Zone | k.sg » p.jmजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें