Chapter Seventeen

what is this? comments? yes! yes, you are wonderful people. keep them coming :)

-----------------

Stepping into the basement, Brielle paused, taking a slight sniff. The pungent scent had hit her the second she reached the bottom stair, groaning she began muttering under her breath about how she was going to kill Jenna for smoking weed in the house. It was still early and if Jenna wasn't upstairs then she wasn't awake, as upset as Brielle was that Jenna had broke the rules, she'd let her wake up on her own before grilling her on it.

It was one simple rule, how hard was it to go outside? At least this time she hadn't roped Zac in as well, he had spent the night in bed and Brielle was certain she'd have remembered if he moved. He was still in bed, sleeping just as Brielle had left him only minutes before when she journeyed downstairs in search of a cord for her phone. Approaching the music room door, Brielle stopped and turned to face the bathroom door which had just clicked.

Readying herself to chew out her cousin, Brielle stopped, stunned at the sight before her. Carelessly Luke flicked off the light switch and strode into the middle of the basement, on his way back to Jenna's room. What caught Brielle's full attention was his wardrobe.

"Luke." Brielle startled him as she spoke. Smiling widely at the younger man, Brielle nodded toward him, gesturing at the lovely, silky, very short multicoloured robe that he wore. It barely made it to his upper thighs, it was a wonder it concealed anything.

"Hey." Luke smiled sheepishly, clutching the too small robe as tightly around him as he could. There wasn't a whole lot to work with as the slick fabric brushed through his fingers, it felt nice on his bare skin; just as Jenna said it would.

"Um, nice robe." Brielle commented with a snicker. "Do you wear it often; it brings out your pretty blue eyes."

Luke cleared his throat, he wanted to run away and never come back. Logically he should dismiss this and escape into the confines of Jenna's room, instead frozen in the awkward moment he stood allowing Brielle to crack another couple of jokes about his new choice in clothing. When she was finished having her fun, she smiled sweetly at the poor man.

"If you needed clothes to spend the night, Zac would have let you wear something." Brielle giggled.

"I'm sorry." Luke apologized, his cheeks were a deep shade of red and he wanted to crawl under a rock.

Brielle shook her head. "No need to be sorry." She winked before finally slipping inside the music room.

If Luke had left Brielle didn't see him go, she had returned upstairs after her run in with Luke to gather Junia and Abe for breakfast. Once they were both fed and content she turned them over to their play room, until it was time for their day out with Jenna. Zac had breezed through, giving Brielle a quick kiss on his way out, saying something about how a friend needed help moving or something he was out the door in the blink of an eye. Settling down at the kitchen table with the morning paper, she glanced up to see Jenna taking a seat across from her.

Her blond hair was stuck up in every direction and she looked tired, Brielle smirked before pushing herself away from the table to get a cup of fresh coffee. Making Jenna a cup of tea while she was up, Brielle leaned against the counter waiting for her coffee.

"Were you smoking weed last night?" she asked eyeing Jenna curiously.

"Y-yes. I'm sorry, I should have asked, or went outside. I wasn't thinking." Jenna stammered, making her best puppy dog face.

"Jenna." Brielle groaned. "I've asked you a million times."

"I know, I'm sorry. It's habit ya know after..." Jenna paused, realizing what she was about to say. "Parties." it was a weak cover up.