Chapter Thirty Four

it's been over a month since I updated last. Sorry. My mom was home for a 2 week visit, she came home the day I posted the last update. I had a horse show, I had to judge a horse show, and things just all ran together. But here we are!

-----------------

As much as Kate drove Zac insane, there were times when he was happy to have an ex wife. For example when he wanted some time alone, with his wife, it was nice being able to leave the kids with their mother. It meant he never had to worry about whether or not he was ruining anybody's plans, nor did he have to have them picked up at a certain time the next day. Zac wasn't entirely sure of his plans, yet, but he'd think of something.

He knew that he wanted to spend the evening, just him and Brielle. It wasn't all that often that they got a chance to be by themselves. Maybe they could wander down to the Blue Dome District, they hadn't been there in quite a while and Brielle always loved it. Maybe he'd take her out for a nice dinner, or even something as simple as a movie. Walking through the front door, Zac mulled over his list of possibilities. It was only a handful of days until he left, days in which they usually spent together with the kids, but this time Zac wanted to spend at least one night alone with no parental responsibilities.

"Afternoon, Zachary." Jenna greeted him from the kitchen table. She was sitting with her laptop and a cup of tea. From the looks of it, she hadn't seemed to care that it was lunch time, dressed in her pjs and slippers.

If Zac were a smart man, he'd ask Jenna to make something for dinner and then have a night in. He couldn't do that to her, it wouldn't be fair to make her do all the work and then kick her out. Although Zac would pay her well. "Hey, Jen. Do you want to do me a favour?"

"Not really." Jenna shook her head and took a sip of tea. "I'm not in the mood to help others today."

"Jenna, don't be so down. We've told you that you need to stop defending yourself on the internet." Zac lectured.

"I gave up on that two days ago. If you must know, I have taken to reading dirty fantasies that lonely housewives have, about Chris Evans. It keeps my mind busy, plus who doesn't want to think about Chris Evans naked and waiting in your laundry room?" Jenna smirked. She knew her reply would be enough to turn Zac off of any conversations with her.

Commenting on how a naked Chris Evans anywhere in his house, would be creepy; Zac shook his head and shuddered before leaving Jenna to continue doing whatever it was she was doing. Jenna smirked going back to her website of squash recipes. In the last couple of days, Jenna had been at the house more. Everett and Monroe had been staying with Isaac, until he left for tour, not wanting to cut in to his time with the boys Jenna had opted to stay at bay. She got the feeling that when it came to Everett she still wasn't welcomed, not as Isaac's girlfriend at least.

When she had brought it up to Isaac, he had tried to convince her that Everett was just upset and he'd get over it in time. Children got upset and took their anger out on innocent people, it was a known fact in these situations. Jenna knew that he was upset, what kid wouldn't be? She felt responsible and it made it harder for her to act as though things could go back to normal with her and Isaac's boys.

"Where is my wife?" Zac asked wandering back in to the kitchen. Jenna was still where he had left her, in front of her laptop. If he was going to tell his wife they were child free for the evening, he would have to know where she was.

"Tay called, he needed one of the guitars from the basement." Jenna replied glancing up from the exciting new soup recipe she found. "Brielle drove it over to the studio, she wasn't sure when you'd be back."

"Oh." Zac nodded slowly. Pushing his hair behind his ear, he tapped his fingers on the side of his leg. "She left here with a case, not just a guitar right?"