Chapter Twenty

dun dun dun dunnnnnn.....

-----------------

Brielle loved him, Zac was sure of it.

If she didn't love him, why did she stay? Stupid question, who wouldn't stay? He gave her everything and then some, no, Zac shook the thought heading for the bathroom; his wife was not that type of woman. She didn't like handouts and worked for everything she had, it had really bothered her when Zac had asked her to quit her job one time. After the lecture Brielle had given him, Zac never asked again.

Yes, Zac gave her things and paid for almost everything, but it didn't mean Brielle wanted or expected him to. Love wasn't about material possessions, not with Brielle anyway. Taylor had informed Zac that Brielle would still love him even if they were dirt poor and living in a shack somewhere. If she didn't love him then she would never put up with all of the bullshit he put her through. If she didn't love him then she would have bolted the second their lives were turned into this insanity.

Taylor had told Zac to just trust that his wife loved him, maybe Zac needed to stop thinking and just take Taylor's advice for once.

Opening the bathroom door, he gently closed it behind him, shedding his clothing as he stepped toward the running shower. Brielle had disappeared from bed only minutes ago, Zac knew he'd find her in here. On days when there wasn't a mad rush in the house she enjoyed taking the world's longest shower.

"The house is quiet this morning." Zac commented, stepping into the shower that Brielle had been occupying for only a handful of seconds.

Brielle was a tad surprised to find the visitor, but didn't mention anything of it. This used to be a regular occurrence, something else that seemed almost obsolete now.

"Mmm." Brielle hummed softly, allowing the hot water to engulf her body. "We're not used to Jenna being away so early." she commented.

Jenna had left for work a few hours ago and Zac's parents had kept Junia and Abe over night, it was rare that they found themselves alone in the house together. Brielle was used to being on her own in the house, but it somewhat bothered Zac when it was his turn.

"How do you do it" Zac asked slipping passed his wife to gain his turn under the spray.

"I don't mind, besides I'm used to it." she commented handing him the bottle of shampoo.

When Zac was gone, most of the time the kids would spend the entire time with Kate, leaving Brielle on her own. She had family and friends who kept her busy, although most of her friends had been made through play dates and what not - most of those friends now seemed to side with Kate leaving Brielle to fend for herself. This time Jenna would be around, Luke as well, it wouldn't be all that lonely with Zac gone.

Zac groaned. "It would drive my nuts being here alone all the time."

A stretch of the imagination, he knew Brielle was left at home alone while he was gone, but it wasn't as if she shut herself in and never came out. During his absence she spent a great deal of time doing things she enjoyed, visiting his family, and generally enjoying the peace and quiet. Zac was used to always being surrounded by chaos, he just didn't know what to do with himself when he didn't have that.

"I know it would." Brielle giggled, gently poking him in the chest. "My little social butterfly."

Zac grinned; that was him! He enjoyed his solitude like any other person, but thrived on being around others.

"I hope you don't mind me crashing the shower, but I was lonely and Nutterbutter wanted to sleep in." Zac spoke up as he placed his hands on his wife's shoulders, moving her back into the spray to finish washing her hair.