Chapter Twenty Four

so, when brother starts to come around the other one turns into a jerk. got to love it...

-----------------

Keeping away from Isaac was fairly easy, Jenna left for work earlier and came home later, she knew Isaac would never bother her at work. Today was a rare day off, one best spent hiding away. If she had to face Brielle and Zac, or any other member of Isaac's family Jenna felt things would only get even more awkward. When things got awkward, Jenna had a tendency to let cats out of bags, not meaning to. Pulling her cardigan around her, she clutched it at the chest waiting for the door. She had slipped out of the house fairly easily, knowing that if she spent the day at Luke's she'd be safe.

"Good to see you, Jenna." Luke smiled, kissing her cheek the second he opened the door. Placing his hand on her back, he frowned seeing the upset look on her face. "Are you okay?"

"I think I've done something terrible and I don't know how to fix it." Jenna spoke softly moving through the door.

"What did you do? I'm sure it isn't that bad." Luke offered, searching her face for a sign of what could be so horrible.

"I broke up a marriage, Luke." Jenna kept her voice low, turning to face him. Her eyes met his before she quickly looked away.

Luke drew a sharp breath, to say he was shocked would be a bit of an understatement. Jenna was a good person, she would never intentionally do something to hurt somebody else. Jenna was also the type of girl who didn't always think things through and sometimes she let her fun side get the better of her. Rubbing the back of his neck, Luke scratched is bare chest with his other hand, letting his hand rest on his neck, he eyed Jenna cautiously.

"Jenna, don't tell me you've been having an affair with Zac. I know things are bad for them right now, but that will kill Brielle and I can't let you do that to her."

Jenna burst out with a single, short laugh. Shaking her head wildly, she snorted. "You think I've been fucking Zac?!" she exclaimed loudly. Luke shrugged. "Oh my god, Luke, you know me better than that. I would never! No!"

"I'm sorry, I just assumed that it was Zac." Luke apologized, promptly. "Come on, sit down and we'll talk about it."

Ushering her into the small kitchen of his condo, Luke pulled out two glasses, placing them on the counter and reaching into a cupboard high up and producing a bottle of gin, he smiled sheepishly at Jenna. "I know it's only 9A.M but I'm fresh out of anything to smoke and why do I get the feeling we'll want this?"

"Pour away, Lucas." Jenna encouraged with a flick of her hand. "You're going to need this. I've already drank and smoked away my shock."

Sliding a glass toward Jenna and capping the liquor, Luke carefully took his own glass in hand; this had to be bad. Never had Jenna allowed him to drink before noon, never in the years he had known Jenna had she been one to drink before noon. Watching the leggy blond tip her glass to her lips, Luke waited silently, his liquor untouched.

"So what is going on? If you're not fucking Zac, then what marriage has met a demise because of you? Did you know he or she was married?" Luke asked. This was Jenna he was talking to, he felt throwing in the she part was adequate.

"Yes, I knew he was married." Jenna stressed the he part of her statement. Picking her pack of cigarettes out of her bag, she reached for the lighter sitting on the corner of the counter. "I also knew he has children, and I know his wife very well."

What he was hearing, this wasn't typical Jenna. Luke waited, before passing judgement he would hear her out.

"He is somebody you know really well, also. He's somebody respected, somebody who you would never suspect to do this." Jenna went on, taking a drag from her smoke and licking her lips.