Epilogue

The receptionist that I had now come to understand as being Lucy walked me towards the familiar office of Phoenix.
I controlled my breathing as well as possible and when she knocked on the door, leaving me alone to enter, I realised just how much I wanted Phoenix's mutual attachment to mirror my own.

Seconds later, the door opened and inside appeared Phoenix. He was just as gorgeous as I had remembered, if not, more. He wore his badge and gun on his belt, his neat collared navy blue dress shirt tucked in around his waist. It still wasn't adjusting to me that he was such a strong authoritive figure, it was intimidating.

Our eyes connected immediately, a small smile lifting on his lips at the sight of me standing weak knee'd in the doorway. 

"Hey" I greeted, my voice soft, mumbled

"Hey" He smiled back, stepping aside to allow me entrance

Slowly, I walked inwards and folded my arms, not trusting myself, not trusting my self control.
It was still there. Raging on like an undying fire, the blaze that burned between us undeniably forceful. Time had meant nothing, my feelings toward him, had grown, despite the distance.

I turned to face Phoenix as he closed the door behind us, leaving us alone in the darkened cold office.

He had reacted the way I had, his broad arms over his chest in an effort to keep control.
His smile hadn't faded, in fact, it had widened.

"I was hoping to see you" His rough voice broke the silence

In that moment, I knew he had felt the way I did. His smile, his voice, his stance, it was identical to my own.
Hope danced inside my stomach, pressing me to throw my arms around him, to soak in what I had so desperately missed. Before I could let myself give in, before I could allow my lips to speak the words that dared to escape, he closed the space between us.

His skin was warm, soft, pressed against my own at the slightest of bare skin. His hands were enclosed over my cheeks, shooting bullets of flames down my neck into the very pit of my soul.
Our lips crashed and burned, taking in every inch of each other, making up for lost time.
This was where I belonged, this was where we belonged. This was us, this was a beautiful disaster. Enveloped in Phoenix's arms was what I had been fighting for all along, what we had been fighting for, and now, we had won.

END