Chapter 14

PERCY

"Annabeth... Annabeth wake up..." I whispered into my girlfriend's ear. She mumbled something, and pressed her forehead against my chest.

"Annabeth..." I said again.

"Let me sleep..." Annabeth moaned. I put my hand on her waist and tickled her. Annabeth grabbed my hand and lifted her head up. There were dark circles under her eyes.

"What time is it?" She asked.

"7, but you don't look-" before I could finish my sentence, Annabeth was already up. I swung my legs over the side and stood up, too. My foot still hurt a bit, but I could walk on it without limping. I walked up to my girlfriend and put my arm around her.

"Hey... Are you ok?" I asked. Annabeth swallowed nervously.

"Yeah. Fine." She finally said. "Come on. We have to get to school." She started to walk towards my door, but I grabbed her arm.

"Ok, what's wrong?" Annabeth didn't look back at me.

"Nothing. I already said, I'm fine." She said quietly. I pulled her to me.

"Please. I always know when there's something wrong." I said into her ear. Annabeth sighed.

"I just had a nightmare, ok?"

"What about?" I was afraid that I had gone too far, but Annabeth answered.

"I'm not really sure. You and I were in it, and five other kids that I've never seen before. Nico was there, too. He was trapped in some sort of... Jar... And he looked like he was dead. You and one of the other guys were fighting a cyclops. And..." She bit her lip.

"Yeah?"

"You were on the ground. And... And one of the cyclops was about to stab you. That's when I woke up. I didn't fall sleep again until, like, six thirty." She yawned.

"Annabeth, you should've woken me up." I told her.

"It's ok, Percy. And do you really want to be woken up every single time I have a nightmare?" She asked. I remembered how often demigods have nightmares, and shook my head.

"Well, you ok now?" I asked. Annabeth took a breath, then nodded.

"Yeah. Let's just go." She said and grabbed her bag from the kitchen table.

"Do you need to go to your place and change?" I asked.

"No, it's fine. But you need to get changed. Go." She said.

"But Annabeth, what if my foot gives out? I think that you'll need to help me." I told her. She smirked and raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah, I don't think so." She said, still smirking.

"But Annabeth..." I whined.

"Percy. You're a big boy now. I'm sure that you can get changed by yourself. All you do is push your head through the head hole in the shirt, your arms in the arm holes-"

"Alright, alright." I said. "I know how to put on my clothes." She laughed and pecked my lips.

"Now go. We need to leave soon." She turned me around and pushed me gently. I smirked and walked to my bedroom, ignoring the slight pain in the side of my foot. I go to my blue room- not even bothering to close the door- and picked out an outfit for the day, I decide on a grey short-sleeved and jeans, then pulled a blue hoodie on over my shoulders. I looked in the mirror on my wall to fix my hair, when I noticed my face.

Damn, I thought, I'm hot. I chuckled to myself, then walked back downstairs, where I met my girlfriend, who was standing at the counter. She was looking straight ahead, tapping a familiar tune on the counter with her fingers. I walked up to her, wrapped my arm around her and kissed her temple.