Chapter 22

BRIELLE

So.

I learned a lot of things last night.

For example, I learned that Percy Jackson was my brother. And I learned that I could breathe underwater.

And that Poseidon was my father.

I walked back to the Poseidon cabin with Percy and while he fell asleep quickly, I lay on the bed, unable to keep my eyes closed. I stared at the ceiling. I wondered that if I closed my eyes and fell asleep, when I opened my eyes again I would be back in my room in New York, with my mom. But I knew that that wouldn't happen. I was a demigod, and there was no way that I would be forgetting about it any time soon. I sighed and closed my eyes.

But, in a second, I opened them again when I heard something thumping through the door. I jumped up and grabbed the thing nearest to me, which was a pillow. A breeze came through the open door. I shivered. I was wearing thin jeans and one of Percy's T-shirts, because mine got ruined when I got attacked coming to camp. Speaking of Percy, he was also standing up. His black hair was covering his green eyes, and he was wearing pyjama pants and no shirt. He also looked at the figure standing at the door. It looked like a person, except it was probably two times the size of a grown man. It raised its hand and slapped the wall, and the cabin filled with light.

Then I saw the thing clearly.

It was a boy. I had to look up to see his face. He had matted brown hair all over his face. It looked like he hadn't washed it in years. He had huge arms and hands; his hands had scars on them. He was wearing an oversized orange T-shirt- well, on him it looked like a perfect size. I looked closely at his face... And almost screamed. He had one eye. I grabbed Percy's arm. "There's a Cyclops in your cabin," I whispered. Percy did not look scared at all. In fact- he was smiling.

"One, it's our cabin. And two," he walked over to the Cyclops and put a hand on his shoulder. "This is Tyson. Your other brother."

My lips parted in shock. I lowered the pillow in my hand, but still kept a firm grip on it. "My... Other brother?"

Percy nodded. He turned to the Cyclops. "Tyson, this is Brielle. Say hi."

Tyson turned to me and smiled. His teeth were crooked and yellow. "Hello!"

I was surprised. I expected his voice to be deep and rough, but instead it was more like a young boy's. I was also expecting him to be rude and destructive, but he seemed friendly enough.

"Uh... Hi," I said nervously. Tyson's smile grew.

"Sometimes Tyson pops in and out of camp," Percy said, looking at me. I nodded. "What are you doing here, Tyson?"

"Wanted to say hello. Daddy tells me that I have new sister." Tyson's English was poor. He spoke like a six year old. If you took away his large figure and the scars, he would be quite cute. Tyson yawned.

"Come on, buddy, you need some sleep," Percy said, "Why don't you-"

But Tyson was already curled on the floor and snoring. I looked up from him and looked at my brother.

"Well, goodnight," Percy said, climbing back into bed.

"Wait- you're just going to leave him there?" I asked, gesturing to the Cyclops lying on the floor.

Percy shrugged. "He prefers to sleep there. He doesn't really fit onto a bed, anyway. Oh, and close the door, will you?"

Stepping carefully over Tyson, I quietly closed the door of the cabin.

I walked back to my bed. "But Percy-"

A loud snore interrupted me. Percy was lying face-up on his bed, his mouth open and his eyes closed. Another snore escaped his mouth. He was even drooling... Gross...