Chapter 4

Killua's POV

"So...who is that?" Gon suddenly asks, pointing to Lulu. 'Maybe I should have asked for her real name rather than assuming her little brother pronounced it correctly.' I scowl slightly at my stupidity and look at Gon. "She's um...she's my really distant cousin, thrice removed but we're childhood friends." I come up with a quick lie and fake a smile. "Hm..." Gon simply hums in response.

"She doesn't talk much either, she's really shy." I continue on, only feeling a tinge of remorse for lying to Gon like this. 'Come on Killua! You barely know him but you're worried about what he thinks?!' I scold myself, Gon suddenly stopping. I frown, stopping as well and turning back to see what he was looking at. It was that old guy from before, "just forget him." I state, not caring so much about being left behind since we can easily catch up.

Gon says nothing, watching the old guy catch his breath. "Screw that!" I blink, only a bit surprised when the old guy begins running and speeds past us. Gon grins and casts out his fishing rod, yanking it back with the man's briefcase in tow. "Wow! You've got to let me do that!" Gon laughs at my excitement, "only if I get to ride your skateboard!" I nod, "deal!"

After that, we have casual conversation, only really getting excited again when we reach a giant staircase. "Hey Gon," I smirk and look over to Gon challengingly. "How about we race to see who can reach the top first." Gon grins at my idea and nods eagerly, "sure! Loser has to buy the winner dinner!" We really weren't paying much attention to the girl on my back, she was pretty lightweight and seemed to be a heavy sleeper.

"Ready... Set... Go!" We begin to dash up the steps, ignoring the statements or calls of anyone else. We has silly grins on both of our faces.

Gon is pretty cool...

Luna's POV

"GOAL!"

I wake up to an argument, "I win!"

"No! I did! I was faster!"

"No me!"

"Satotz-San, who won?" My eyes open, greeted with the sight of Gon asking the examiner about who won and fog all around us. "I believe it was a tie, you both past the finish line simultaneously. Although you woke up the miss on your back with your arguing." Satotz answers, giving me the attention of one sheepish boy and a blank faced one. "Oops, sorry Lulu-chan." Gon apologizes, making me pause to wonder how he knew my name but coming to the conclusion that Killua told him.

"It's fine..." I mumble, flinching at Killua's glare. I immediately look away, shutting my mouth. "Looks like we'll be buying each other's dinner." Killua announced with a grin, switching moods. "Bipolar..." I mutter bitterly, earning me an elbow to my side. That effectively shut me up. "So Satotz-San, is this the next phase?" Satotz looks around and shakes his head, "no we still have quite a way to go." I took a look around but was soon dropped, "ouch!" Killua rolls his shoulder and stretches, "so heavy..." I scowl at him, he's such a jerk! "Yeah well next time don't kidna- mmphf!" My mouth is covered by his hand and I wave my arms around frantically. "Shhh! Are you an idiot?!" I bite his hand and he yanks his hand away, scowling. "Don't make me tie you up, baka." I notice Gon watching our little argument and pale a bit, as does Killua when he finishes his sentence.

"Are you two playing a game or something?" Gon questions causing both me and Killua to face-plant. "Baka..." I hear Killua mumble and sigh before looking at Gon. "Yeah Gon, we're playing a game but it's only between us two." He covered quickly and Gon pouted, "aw..." He whined, a voice coming from behind us as we finished our little conversation. "Gon!" I tune them out and look around. Finding that the fog around us had begun to clear and reveal our surroundings.

"-Numere Wetlands, also known as Swindlers Swamp. We have to pass through here to reach phase 2." I frown, finally listening when I heard Satotz' voice. He goes on to explain about the wetlands and how we can be deceived, yadda, yadda, yadda.

"Don't let them fool you!" A shout grabs everyone's attention and I smirk a little, finally something a little interesting. "I'm the real examiner!" I scowl and look away, both Killua and Gon still paying attention to the fake's entrance. "He's lying..." I mutter, already able to tell. Killua and Gon both seem to hear me but don't reply, I just shrug. 'Not my problem, as long as I get out of here and back home then it doesn't matter to me.'

Everyone is taken by the man's accusation and I frown, they aren't the smartest are they? The man was way too dramatic, even for a survivor's panic he could be in. Many cards come flying at both 'examiners' and Satotz catches his, but I hear a thump in the direction of the other male. 'Well...I hate the method but at least now everyone knows.' I think to myself and frown as a voice speaks, growing a bit pale and shifting closer to Killua.

"Well that settles it, he's the real examiner." I whimper as my gaze moves to the man, Hisoka. He goes on to explain about how the examiners are professional hunters, a smug look on his clown-like face. When he hears me, I see his eyes open slightly and move over to me. My breathing hitches and I'm about to go into panic mode. Thankfully, Killua steps in front of me, sending Hisoka a menacing look.

"I shall take that as a compliment, however if you attack me again for whatever the reason, I shall report it as turning against an examiner. Immediate disqualification." Satotz announces and Hisoka nods, "sure."

A couple of minutes later and I'm back on Killua's back, feeling wide awake. 'Maybe I should have slept through this part...' I think to myself, now a bit scared at the idea of being left or even facing a scary creature with Killua. I don't want to die!

After a while, Killua speaks up. "Gon, let's move up." Gon glances at us and I frown. "Yeah, we should keep the examiner in our sights." Killua shakes his head, "I'm more concerned about being near Hisoka. We need some distance from him, he's dangerous." I frown and glance back, paling when I met Hisoka's eyes. "Ouch! Lulu!" Killua complained as my nails ripped the fabric of his shirt and pierced his skin with how hard I was holding onto him now.

I loosen my grip but now am stiff. "He's really dangerous, I can smell it in the air." Killua continued to speak with Gon, "smell?" Gon sniffed the air before shrugging, "I don't think he smells but alright." He calls out to his friends and explains what we're doing and asking them if they want to come before we pick up speed when they decline his offer.

We begin hearing people's screams and I pale, covering my ears. "Killua..." I mumble in complaint. "Lulu, look in my bag. There's a headset in there. Put it on." Killua orders, not taking his eyes off of what was ahead of us. I nod, shifting a bit and searching through his bag. There's the cooler, the skateboard, a bit of snacks, ah! I grab the headset and put it on.

Just as I close the bag, the boys stop. "What- ahh!" We all scream as we fall into a giant...mouth! I hold my breath, unable to see where I was. All of a sudden, I feel myself being thrown back out. My clothes and hair was soaked and I cringed when I began to breathe again. "Lulu, are you alright?" Killua asks and I nod, having to adjust my headset.

That cuts me off from hearing their conversation. I look away from the boys and frown when I saw a silhouette, getting a closer look, I saw that it was my brothers! I crawled over there, not quite trusting myself to stand. "Eh? Lulu!" I hear Killua's voice but ignore it, gasping when my hand is grabbed. I release a shriek as I'm yanked into the brush, finding myself submerged in water I think.

I struggle, losing oxygen. As I lose practically all of my air, my mouth finally opens and I call out for the one name I knew could help me. "Killua!" Water begins to fill my lungs and as I close my eyes, I notice a faint silhouette coming close. 

~~~~

Word Count: 1455

Meh, I update when I feel like some people are reading. But I don't so give me something to let me know y'all are there. 

Reaper- No one is there. -_-

I know! *sobs*

~Animeandmusic

-END-