Chapter Three

"(Y/n), you're twenty, get a hold of yourself! You're falling down this- dark, deep pit of sadness-! I hate seeing you like this!" Amy snapped at me as I sipped the straw of my drink. Amy, she was the typical girl who thinks she's helping everyone but making everyone annoyed with it. She had blonde straight hair that dangled at her shoulders, deep brown eyes, makeup everywhere, and usually wore expensive brands of clothing. Very outgoing and charismatic. I was the practically the opposite, I didn't wear much make-up as to mascara than anything and I couldn't buy expensive clothing with 9$ per hour for stocking food on shelves. Much of it went to the bills and I never had much cash left over, even though my aunt lived under the same roof as I, her money typically went into her business.

"Okay, Amy, it's not going to kill me," I replied, rolling my eyes as I sipped my drink again.

She gave me the Oh, really? face, then pointed to my plastic cup, "Says the one drinking vodka with soda and a box of cigarettes in your pocket!"
I rolled my eyes once more, I think I probably can be the king of eye rolling one day. One day! "If you go to that party, I swear!"

"Swear on what?"

She went silent, thought, then spoke again, "I swear..... I'll harm you!" It was adorable how she avoided saying anything that involved death. My age and she still kept her innocence. She sighed, leaned her head back against the brick wall, "Agh...Will you at least come with me to the therapist for a session? Just once."

I looked at her brown eyes, and frowned, then spoke in a mumble, "I'll think about." She genuinely was concerned. I didn't want to hurt her feeling, none of that. I just can't stand someone telling me what I'm doing wrong in life! I'm fine, I know I am! I'm living, that's one thing! I'm working, keeping the house together for my aunt, and hanging out at least three times a month. If anything, I think the therapist is doing something wrong! Telling people that they need help and need to spend money for sessions that will barely make progress. My ass!

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself from my meltdown that went down in my head.

"It's 4:32, Jack's supposed to call me soon- he's going to be staying with his younger sister for awhile. She's been a bit odd lately," Amy announced, clearly changing the subject. Jack, her one sweet little, innocent, romantic and cheesy boyfriend, is what I'd call somewhat cute, somewhat of obnoxious. Course, I wouldn't say that to her, after all, I have to be the supportive friend sometimes. Even with her fifth-teen boyfriends in a month. Jack, he was a protective, good-natured type of guy. Always tried to do the right thing. Oh, how I could laugh at that itself. Recently he graduated college so he's with his only family at the moment: his sister basically. I could relate, I didn't have many people to call family. My mom works in another country with traveling tours. My dad, he wasn't around much when I was young, then came the obvious divorce which didn't really bother me. So all I have is my aunt, she lives with me but works about 24/7. What a workaholic.

"Hmm," I nodded as I blew this information away from me, for it is no use to me. As you may be wondering, what happened to that creep that broke into my damned home... Well, after I agreed to his terms, I added my own and that was that. He left when my aunt pulled in the driveway. I was to not tell anyone or something would happen. Something deadly bloody upon my amigos. I had enough to worry about for a fact. This just perplexed this already perplexing situation.

In general, he had told me about what my presumably little job he had for me. Basically, as to help him with some of his dirty work. Now, I know I was practically signing a deal with the devil when I had agreed to clean up the dirty work so someone could have their limbs intact, much less causing the dirty work.

I sighed softly, looked at the pavement, then adjusted my seat which was basically this brick fence. I was going to regret every damned second of it. Every millisecond.