Chapter Nine

"Alrighty then, guess I should just wing it?" I questioned myself. "I've done various illegal shit, this, this will be something worth fucking questioning."

"No shit, Sherlock," I mimicked, annoyed at the constant fidgeting my hand kept making. Currently I was just lying in a tree. Overheard he'd be hunting today, hopefully alone. So, this would be best I think. Well, he would have a gun, so I would have to take him by surprise. I sighed, this situation is an enormous fuck-up. Is it ever not?

It was going to be dusk soon, this shit head better be hunting near this area. Well, he should be, this is one of the part of the woods with most game.

You know what? I should leave town, get away from Toby. Everything would be smoother. But I know my aunt would stay. She never moved from there and never had plans to. She loved he place so much to leave, unless it was a work trip, then she's gone with the wind.

I went over to a black, plastic bag that hung from a branch and took out it contents. Just a small bottle of vodka. "I really need to stop," I shrugged and took of its cap and took a swig. Biting my lip at the strong taste of straight vodka, I capped it placed it in the bag where the gun was.

To be honest, my drinking problem was getting to a point where when I took a drink, I would need a lot for it to even make me drunk. So that, that was almost nothing.

"Fuck it," she mumbled, yanking the bag from the branch and jumping out of the tree with it. I took the handgun from inside the bag and tied the bag to her brown belt. Flipped the camo hood over my head where a hat was. Since I tried to fit in with the wilderness, I got full on camo. Camo hood, pants, shirt, and even socks. Even parts of my boots had camo. Well, this town is most known for its fishing and hunting, it's no surprise that this is mainly what they sell in thrift shops. The hoodie was a couple sizes larger and so the gun was hidden in the sleeve. "Almost damn dark, where the hell is he?"

Scanning my surroundings, I got lucky. I heard a truck engine roar nearby on a dirt trail that most hunters use to get around in the woods. Then it stopped.  I, knowing full well on how to keep quiet while walking in leaves, inched towards the truck. The man got out of it, and oh and behold, it was the target. I waiting in some brush, for him to start walking further into the woods.

Biting my cheek, I quickly silenced my foot steps, cocked the gun and was behind him. My heart... It didn't start racing like some would say when you're about to kill someone, no, it slowed, slowed 'till it felt still and pained. My gut tightened and my limbs felt numb and I could feel everything at once. I hated this feeling. I knew it would come to me, no surprise at all for what I knew I was doing today. Time to be something, I thought to myself. "Fuck it!" I barked, startling the man who jerked his body to look behind him, revealing me pointing the gun. "Dad's dead. Mom's gone. Aunt's depressed. I feel like shit. And my friends just stopped caring," my voice was a monotone and the I felt my finger slightly starting to pull the trigger. I didn't want to pull. But it felt natural to just pull it. "And I stopped giving a fuck!" Bang!

I watched as the man's jaw tore off and the blood spattered everywhere on his head. I felt wobbly, but I felt something crawl into my mind. Like a new feeling. Feeling where it felt so wrong. Where I know I sinned and made a major fuck-up. Yet, it released something in me. released my feeling of hatred. It was so pleasurable. I wanted more.

He fell and I still held the gun pointing to where he would be if he stood again. "Hope I did something. Hope ending you, did something good."

"Well, I knew I would need this," my eyes watering up from thoughts flying around my head. I tore the bottle from the bag and took a swig and started to speed further into the woods where I knew my car would be.

Ever had an emotional breakdown in a car at 10 PM and eating Cheetos like mad and singing to rock bands like the world was going to fuck you up without a second thought? Oh, guess I'm the only one then. My  fingers were powered in the orange cheesy dust as I belched Black Veil Brides and let tears fall. "IN THE END, AS WE FADE INTO THE NIGHT! AHHH!" If you had the curiosity of how it sounded, lemme tell you.... I'm 99.9% sure that a dying bobcat with it nails scratching on a chalkboard could beat that voice in a duet any day. Mainly, I was drunk and crying and a whole tornado of shit was flying through my mind.

Once I found the familiar location I tended to be at, I parked the car in the parking space and got out. Feet wobbly, I yanked my wallet and started walking to the main office. Yup, back at a motel.

I got a room and someone who aided the receptionist, helped me to it, the receptionist and the aid knowing the familiar routine of a drunk client. "Hey, you know that song where's it like... It goes like.... What the hell does it go like?" I mumbled as the aid walked with me, his face bored.

"Don't know, you tell me," he rolled his dark eyes.

"Smartass," I groaned, annoyed. "Wait, it's like... Goes likes, I'm outta love- wait no, I'm outta luck! I'm outta love! Gotta photograph of a picture of- wait. Shit! Forgot it!" (BTW I'm referring to Def Leppard- Photograph! I love classic rock!)

"Ugh," the aid mumbled. "Oh, there's your room," he said gesturing to a door with the number #16 engraved on it. "Have anything from your car you need?"

I shook my head and waved him off as I slid the card in the lock and walked in, closing the door behind me slowly. I pulled my phone from my pocket, "Toby, get yer ass here," I gave him details, however I didn't mention anything about the murder. I couldn't risk saying that over phone, even my drunk ass knew that.

"Ahh, Toby, you prick, ya better be here soon."

(1121 words)

(Finally updated out of boredom, BTW the next update won't take as long as this one :D. BTW please tell me if there are any mistakes and any tips for getting better at writing. I know some people don't want to sound rude to criticize, but please do! Hope ya enjoyed and vote/comment!)