Chapter 32 & 33

Chapter 32: The Lost Princess

A Pegasus flew, desperately, over the battlegrounds. He was searching for the missing Princess. As he flew, Zanzibar thought about her face and her laughter, hoping that he would see it again soon. The fact that he couldn't speak to her or feel her, scared Zanzibar.

He saw a figure on the battlefield and flew down to see if he knew where the Princess might be. The figure was a small, old man. He looked up when he saw the Pegasus flying down to him. The old man was leading his Pegasus who was pulling a cart full of wounded. Zanzibar spoke to the Pegasus.

Has the old man seen the Princess Adeline? Zanzibar asked the other Pegasus.

I have seen the Princess but it was before the battle began. I will ask him. The Pegasus replied and turned to her master. He shook his head and smiled.

"Oh, Great Pegasus of the Princess," the old man said to Zanzibar. "I have seen the Princess. She was being taken by the Gramores and their coward of a leader." Zanzibar reared up in fury.

Ask him if she was all right! Zanzibar demanded. The Pegasus whinnied something and then looked to Zanzibar.

It looked as though she was wounded. The back of her dress was bloodied and her face was bruised. He says that the Princess was screaming and making a huge fuss about a wounded soldier. One thought crossed Zanzibar's mind. Ben...

Tell the old man to inform the Queen of this news! Hurry! Zanzibar leaped into the air and flew toward the castle of Lord Ragus, hoping that the Princess was all right.

* § *

The old man stood in front of the castle gates. He smiled and walked in. A guard escorted him to the Queen's throne room.

The man had delivered all the soldiers he had found on the field to his wife, in case they were still able to live. Most of them, she had said, would die by morning.

The Queen was sitting at her throne and stood up when he came in white with fear.

"Yes?" she asked.

"I know of you daughter," the old man said.

"Tell me!" Queen Janice demanded.

"The Gramores have taken her, Highness," the old man bowed. The queen sat back in her chair and tears fell down her face.

"No..." she whispered.

"Her Great Pegasus, Zanzibar, is off to find her and see if she is OK," the old man tried to comfort her. The Queen's sister-in-law put her arms around her and held her in a warming hug.

Chapter 33: Dungeon Friends

"There!" Le-quin threw me into a jail cell and slammed the door behind him. My back erupted into more agonizing pain, "That'll teach you!" I crawled over to a corner and pulled my legs up to my chest. I gripped the ring necklace Ben had made for me and wiped a tear from my eye. I was so scared. My heart was empty. Their was a gaping hole that Ben used to fill. I hadn't been able to save him. I never should've left his side! This is what I deserve. My wounds were poorly dressed and my whole body ached from various bruises, cuts, and deep injuries.

I heard a noise coming from the opposite corner of the jail cell. I looked up and saw a small person creeping toward me. I realized that it was a man.