Chapter twelve: Didn't know yet?

A few days have passed since Patryk let them in and it was thanks to that that the other two started to improve in health, Paul was soon able to get out of the bed and start making little jobs to pay back for everything the taller male was doing for them, Tord on the other hand started to return to a normal body temperature, it was a matter of time that he went back to crawl around and mess everything behind him. It was the first time he knocked something on the floor that Paul both felt relieved and terribly sorry for Patryk's furniture, but the other didn't make a fuss about it, even when he felt so surprised to find out what troublesome Tord could be without any supervision.

The other room was accommodated for the two guests to stay in, far much better than occupying someone else's bed, still, something felt kinda off for Paul, he wasn't able to put a finger on it, but something didn't felt quite right, maybe the fact that his little tasks on the house would never be enough to repay all that was done and offered for them, or maybe because the owner of the house was too nice to be true. Of course there was a point in which both had a little discussion regarding all of those worries inside the smallers head, actually it was a rather heated discussion, probably the first time both collided about something, but it didn't end badly, it showed different sides of each other leaving then with new visions on each other, something that could be marked down as good.

Of course, Patryk didn't put any rules or problems with them staying for an undefined time with no pressure what so ever about paying for the stance, which only raised more and more questions on Paul's head who remained not fully relaxed around the other, even though he made him open up and accept a part of himself slightly. There was still a long way ahead.

"Hey" called in a soft tone Paul as he cleaned the dishes, cigarette trapped between his lips while the thin line of smoke slipped out of the window.

Hearing him Patryk raised his head from playing with Tord at the table.

"Yes? Need something?"

"I already told you, if not everything, almost everything about me, yet I know nothing about you"

Hearing that the taller of them already started preparing everything in his head, he wasn't blaming Paul, after all he knew the untrusting nature he had and how every person he crossed ended up throwing him away. Maybe with this he was trying to say that he wanted them to be closer? That was a good sign.

"What do you want to know? Ask away" offered holding onto Tord's little hands making him move his arms up and down, the boy making little sounds as he stared curious at what the other was doing to him.

"Why where you so late at night at a convenience store so far from your house?" Was the direct ask, but there wasn't a large pause before he followed with more words. "Is it related to what was inside that room?"

"Yes, it was..." mumbled Patryk remaining calm and apparently unaffected, but added nothing else to his words, so Paul would have to keep asking.

"What was the deal? Family?" Questioned raising his eyebrows a bit as he tilted his head slightly to try and catch any expression the other may have put hearing his questions, but there was no weird reaction, only some apparent sadness too hidden to be easy to catch.

"Let's say he was a friend"

"A friend, huh?" Repeated behind those words, trying not to bring back to his head those shameful photos...

Wait a diddly darn minute.

The photo he took was still in the pocket of his pants, the same Patryk threw away to clean with the rest of his dirty clothes.

OH GOD.

«Calm down, he might haven't notice, it's fine, it's all fine» his head chanted those last three words over and over, his expression completely neutral despite what was going on inside his head.