Chapter fifteen: It hurts

Regarding Pat there were so many things left unknown, so many secrets and things that made cero sense, after months of staying in his house it was still impossible for Paul to know about his past, about his actual job, about why the strange working hours. Patryk felt like a total stranger even when some strange yet strong affection grew between them, even when there was this mysterious aura surrounding him Paul couldn't help but to be attracted further towards him, it was that way the taller boy had reserved for him and Tord, the nice words, the gentle smiles, the little affections... it was obvious for Paul that the other just wanted them to be fine and safe, to protect them, but how it was possible to do so when you can't open up? Secrets will always make a tear at some point.

Paul wasn't going to keep waiting for Pat to tell everything, he wasn't giving him more time. He was going to search for answers himself.

First of all, rewarding his new work in the mornings, the one Patryk got him, it was fishy since the first moment, how he was told not to make questions and just do his job, that say he wasn't going to keep playing fool, so his eyes and ears were alert to everyone that came in and out of the place, how they looked, what they took with them, even the most meaningful of conversations was enough to ending up getting an idea of what kind of place was. That was no ordinary company place, there were other kind of shady business happening behind those walls he was guarding at morning, it got obvious pretty quick just by taking full attention on the little details, something he tried not to do at the beginning, just because Patryk told him not to. Right now he wondered what close relation could be between the place and the other male.

The second part of his own personal investigation came when he returned home, Patryk was getting ready for his work that day as he put on that suit that made his figure look so good, the tie perfectly done under the shirt's neck , shoes perfectly clean and shiny. What a tidy man he was... but that had nothing to do with what Paul had between hands. Once the taller male took his suit case and left a little peck on Paul's lips (anything surprising, it wasn't the first one since that night) and one over Tord's head he got to his car and drove away. Now it was the moment.

Taking a long look at Patryk's room to make sure not to misplace anything once he started searching through it, Paul took a deep breath and closed the door behind him, starting the search for anything that could shine a little light on his doubts about this nice young man so full of mystery.  But what he found there, hiding to any curious eyes it wasn't just more guns perfectly clean and stored... it was just enough information to fill most of the wholes. A terrifying truth.

By the time Patryk arrived back home, a big smile on his lips once he crossed the entrance door at around nine in the evening he wasn't expecting the following events to happen. Before his eyes he was able to take a short glance at what he guessed was Paul almost running to the living room with something in his hands, so worried that something might have happened the taller male got there to check on him, walking slowly towards his figure that had his back faced at him as he seemed busy stuffing things in a big bag.

"Paul? Hey, is everything-?"

"Get away!" Quickly snapped the smaller boy as he quickly turned to face him, giving a few steps back, the expression a perfect mix of anger and horror.

"What's... what's wrong?" The male asked a bit lost, surprised by such intense reaction towards him. He never saw Paul this way before, not at least towards him, and he had very clear his actions today weren't away from the usual... so what was it?

"What's wrong? You dare asking me that?" Paul's voice was still raised, but even when he pulled off such a strong behavior it was so obvious he was scared of something. "I don't know, you tell me!" It was right then that handed by Paul's shaky hand two small pictures of two males were presented to Pat, and he knew them well. By this only Patryk's expression changed, turning emotionless and even quite dark as he took them slowly from the smaller boy, taking a better and closer look, at the same time Paul was hurrying to take Tord in his arms and walking at a fast pace away from there, but stopped right in front of the living room's door, still not exiting. "I know who those two are... the adult is a man named Mr. Hudson, he went missing a few months ago and then found death, no traces left behind, no reasons on why he was killed either. The second is a boy named Jason Perk... same situation, same fate. I never met them personally, but I was there when Mr. Hudson was abducted..." after such words he examined Patryk's expression, but this didn't change the slight, he didn't even raised his eyes from both pictures. "I couldn't see who the one that took him was, it was too dark to make out any faces or plate numbers... but the car. That car" he stopped there and then held Tord better in his arms as the little one stared at Paul curious by such expression his dad was making. "And what about that friend with benefits of yours? Jason Perk? I saw more photos of him in your room, a lot of memories... " a small pause happened as he closed his eyes denying with his head. "Fuck, Patryk..."