Chapter One *Auditions*

Chapter 1*Auditions*

*Author's P.O.V.*

Tommy is walking around the stage saying, "I have been rejected by the army, shoved into a Dora the Explorer backpack, and pushed into the girls locker room wearing nothing but suspenders. But no worries, I'm in the place that I love and with the help of my boy Justin, we will launch this year's auditions. Belly roll." Justin began frantically tapping his gut, mimicking the sound of a drum. "Our most recent ICCA championship winners get to pick this year's audition song. Bellas." He gestured toward the all girl a capella group The Barden Bellas and awaited their answer. Beca, the new group leader, leans toward Fat Amy then toward Lily and listens while they whisper something into her ear. She leans back in her chair and begins to speak, "Alright nerds, let's go with 'Starships' by Nicki Minaj.

*Beca's P.O.V.*

So I'm now the leader of the Barden Bellas, and we are the most recent ICCA championship winners so we picked "Starships" as the audition song this year. Justin walked off the stage to inform the auditioners what they are going to do as Tommy handed the stacks of audition paper to each a capella group. Every group received a pretty big stack especially the Trebles, but I wasn't worried. We crushed the finals last year, the people love us. Besides we only need two girls to replace Chloe and Aubrey because they graduated last year. Tommy handed us our audition papers and sure enough we had probably the biggest stack of all the groups. The girls were all amazed about the amount people trying out for the Barden Bellas. As the auditioners were preparing for their auditions, I looked around the auditorium. I spotted Jesse sitting with his fellow Trebles talking to Donald, also a treble. I just watched him talk. Jesse and I shated a really really great kiss last year after the ICCA finals. Afterwards we went our separate ways for vacation. We kept in contact by texting, calling, skyping, and things like that but we never saw each other personally because he and his family went to another country, Europe, I think. All I know is that I miss him so much. I remember when we made our midnight skype calls, which wasnt really midnight for him. I didnt want them to end but unfortunately he would see me start to get very tired and make up a lame excuse to end the call.    Jesse looked away from Donald and caught me staring. I looked away but quickly looked back to see him staring at me. He smiled and I gave him a smile that I kept reserved for him. He kept his eyes locked to mine for a few minutes then he broke eye contact to pull his phone out of his pocket. I looked back toward the stage, then my vibrated pretty loudly, signalling that I have a text. I picked it up and the text was from Jesse. I clicked view and smiled at the text. (J=Jesse B=Beca)
J- hey million dollar baby
B- hey awesome nerd
J- saw u staring
B- saw u 2
J- i cant help it, ur just so BEAUTIFUL!
B- :-)
J- i luv ur smile
I looked at him, smiled, then looked back at my phone right in time to see another text from him.
J- im so glad you chose me to be the guy who gets see that gorgeous smile everyday

I didnt get to text back because next thing I know Amy yelled my name scaring me to death. "Da#*it Amy, you made me drop my phone. What was that for?" I yelled. "Are you even paying attention?" She asked in her Tasmanian accent."No." I answered honestly as I picked my phone up off the floor . "Well start. You can exchange cute little text messages with Jesse later." I set my phone down on the desk just for it to go off again. "Beca!" The girls al  yelled simultaneously. I ignored them and looked at the text Jesse sent, "I c ur getting into trouble so ill c u after auditions, Beca-w." I smiled and rolled my eyes. I clicked my phone off right as the first contestant walked onto the stage.

*Fat Amy's P.O.V*

So the Bellas are trying to discuss the auditions but its kind of hard to do that with Beca's phone going off every 5 minutes with some cute little text from Jesse. Of course it also got annoying because I saw everything he sent her and they are just one happy couple an  it's not fair. After the thing with Beca's smile I couldnt take it anymore, she had to stop texting him. Besides the auditions were just about to start....then her phone goes off again. Al  of the Bellas yelled this time but she just ignored us as she smiled at the stupid text from Jesse.

*Jesse's P.O.V.*

"Beca!!!" I heard the Bellas yell as Beca received my last text. I know I shouldn't be texting my girlfriend and getting her yelled at by her friends but I can't help it. She's so beautiful and I had to tell her that. And I miss her so much, texting, calling, and skyping just doesnt cut it but actually seeing her as I text her is the best I can get until after the auditions. Her phone went off right as the first contestant walked onto the stage. I didnt pay much attention because she was a girl and the Treblemakers are an all boy group, but I listened to her for a few minutes. She said her name was Anna, she was blonde and tall and looked a lot like Aubrey Posen, an old Bella. Then another girl came on, her name was Brittany and she was a perky ginger. She reminded me of  Chloe Beale another used to be Bella. After those two girls there were a couple people that tried out for the BU Harmonics, a couple more tried out for the Bellas and a few boys tried out for us. Nobody bothered to try out for the High notes, which is fine because they didn't show up anyway.
*End of Auditions*
Finally the auditions ended. I know who I want to join the Trebles but I have to compare notes with the others before there is a final decision being made. I stood and walked toward the auditorium doors. "Holy sh*t!!!" I heard Beca yell and I immediately spun around and looked in her direction. Chloe, Aubrey, and the Bellas were laughing at her. "What's going on over there?" Donald asked. "I'm not sure. I think Chloe and Aubrey scared her." I answered and with that we walked out of the auditorium, talking about the auditions.

*Beca's P.O.V.*

"Holy sh*t!!" I yelled. I was getting ready to leave the auditorium when Chloe and Aubrey decided to sneak up on me and scare the h*ll out of me. All the girls were laughing as I took the time to hug the 2 causes of my mini heart attack. "Geez guys, you gave me a heart attack." I said with a smile on my face. "Sorry." Chloe said after they stopped laughing. She wrapped me into another big hug, "I missed you so much." She said then let go. "I missed all of you." She practically shouted as she went around giving all the Bellas a hug. I gathered the papers and we left the auditorium. I was walking out and talking to Aubrey when, out of no where, some one jumped out and grabbed me. Naturally I jumped and started to curse but I caught myself when I realized who it was. "Sh-Jesse!! What's the deal with you guys scaring me today?" I asked hypothetically. Jesse let me go then stood beside me. "Beca, you coming?" Aubrey asked. "I'll meet you there." I said waving her on. She gave me a weak smile and rolled her eyes. She's still not a big fan of me, the Bella leader, dating a Treble. I wonder how she's going to react when I tell her that I'm dropping the 'no sexual relations with a Treblemaker' part of the oath this year. Anyway, I turned to face Jesse. I immediately dropped the papers on the floor and kissed him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist as he deepened the kiss. After a minute or two, I pulled away. It was such a deep and passionate kiss that I when pulled away you could hear our lips smack. He learned his forehead against mine, "Wow." I smiled at his remark then said, "I missed you, nerd." "I missed you, too" he said with a little chuckle. I kissed him again. Almost as soon as our lips met, I got a text. I continued to kiss him as I poultry out my phone and read the messages. There were two, one from Aubrey another from Chloe. (A=Aubrey C= Chloe)
A- Where are you? You need to pick girls!
C- Beca!! Stop making out with Jesse and get your butt down here!!
I reluctantly pulled out of the kiss. "I really hate to do this but I have to go." I said as I replied to the texts. "Yeah, me too." "Meet up at the initiation party." I suggested. "Definitely." He said as he held his out. I grabbed it and we walked off to our a capella groups.