Chapter Ten *What the H*ll Just Happened?!*

Chapter 10 *What the H*ll Just Happened?!*

*Samantha’s P.O.V.*

“Why do we have to go on this date, again? I mean this relationship is fake.” I complained as Luke paid for the movie tickets.

“Because, we have to keep up our appearances or people won’t believe we are dating.” He answered as he took the tickets.

“Why can’t we do something else? The theater is always dark and cold, besides I’ve already seen this movie.” I realize this date is important for our “relationship” and it helps with my ‘Jesse Plan’ but it doesn’t mean I can’t change the venue. “I’d much rather have a romantic dinner at a fancy restaurant.”

“Well Miss Priss, I hate to break it to you but not everyone’s daddy owns half the town. I don’t have the money for all of that.” He handed me my ticket.

“But-“

“Jesse’s here.” He cut me off before I could complain anymore. My mood immediately changed at the mention of Jesse, then it quickly changed back as the realization of why he would be here dawned on me.

“Is he here with that emo b*tch?” I spat out the question. He avoided my eyes and ordered the popcorn as he answered me.

“Yes but if you want this plan to work, you have to at least pretend like you’re happy for the two.” He grabbed the popcorn and faced me. “Can you manage that or is it too challenging for you to actually be nice.” I rolled my eyes and snatched the popcorn.

“Let’s go. I wanna get this thing over with.” He smirked, proud of himself for his remark, then offered me his arm. I reluctantly took it and we walked into our designated theater room, together. Ew.

*After the movie*

Finally, the movie is over! You want to torture someone? Put them in a movie theater with Luke for an hour, it’s awful!

“You seem to be doing well for someone being on a date with a guy when she’d rather be with a different guy.”

“Don’t talk. It makes imagining that you’re Jesse a lot harder.” I said as I stared at him contently.

“Wow, ok. That doesn’t hurt a guy’s ego.” He said with sarcastic tone.

“Why should I care? I’m not nice remember?” I retorted as we exited the building.

“Sheesh, how did Jesse survive being with you?”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You’re an annoying b*tch, I’m surprised Jesse stayed with you as long as he did. If I were him I would’ve darted the minute I saw you.” I was pulled off focus as I saw Jesse walking out of the building kissing that thing, gross. “Are you even listening to me?” Luke asked. I shushed him, keeping my eyes on Jesse. They got closer and I pulled Luke in front of me, not wanting them to see me, at least yet.

“What the h*ll are you looking at?” I just shushed him again and pointed. He looked behind him. “Oh brother.” I heard him sigh but I ignored it and kept my attention focused on the happy couple.

They continued to kiss until a cop broke them up. Jesse wrapped his arm around her shoulders and they began walking down the street. I followed them, at a safe distance of course.

"What the...what are you doing?" Luke asked as I pushed past him.

"Following them." I said keeping my eyes on them.

"Are you crazy?! That's stalking!"

"I guess we're both stalkers then." I faced him and walked backwards. He gave me a confused look. "You have to follow me. You can't let your 'girlfriend' walk on these streets alone, that's so not gentleman like." I smirked then turned back around. After a minute I could hear him walking behind me.