Percy Teaches At Hogwarts

Harry POV

I walked through the great hall with my friends Ron and Hermione. After the battle against Voldemort they finally became a real couple and now are almost inseparable.

We are talking and laughing with each other as we walk towards the Gryffindor table.

"I wonder who the new teachers will be?" Hermione says excitedly.

"Yeah, a lot of the teaches got hurt during the battle. Or they probably retired." Ron states thoughtfully.

"I only really care about the DADA teacher. I wonder who it will be? Maybe an auror from the ministry. Whoever it is I hope that they actually know what they're doing. Although after the war I can't imagine what he could be able to teach us.." I add, Hermione and Ron both nod to my comment.

We sit down at the table and look towards the staff trying to figure out who would be the new DADA teacher.

"He must not be here yet." Hermione mutters. Ron looks at her confused.

"How do you know?" He asks her.

"Ron.. How many times to I have to tell you. Hermione knows everything.." I tell him slowly. Hermione chuckles while Ron nods obviously thinking something along the lines of; 'of course she knows everything, she is my girlfriend!'

Hermione chuckles, "I don't know everything. But I do know that he isn't here yet because of the empty seat where the DADA teacher would usually sit."

I look back at the staff table and notice that she is, in fact, right. Two seats to the right of the headmasters chair, which is currently occupied by professor McGonagoll, is an empty seat.

Before I can think about it anymore my girlfriend, Ginny (who's also Ron's little sister), sits beside me and gives me a quick peck in the lips. Not satisfied with her greeting I pull her in for a deeper kiss, burying my hands in her hair.

"Dude! I don't care if you are my best friend, she is my little sister and if you don't stop right now I will have to hurt you!" Ron's angry voice cuts into my mind which is clouded with love for the girl sitting on my right.

I look to my left where Ron and Hermione are sitting. I am about to retort with some witty comment when Hermione cuts me off.

"Don't worry, I'll distract him."

She then promptly tugged at Ron's neck and smashed her lips onto his. I take that as my cue and start making out with Ginny again.

Suddenly Neville sits down across from us and coughs loudly effectively getting our attention.

I stop what I'm doing to look at him irritably. Why did everyone have to interrupt me today?

"Oh, hi Neville." Hermione says cheerfully.

"Hey," He replies.

A chorus of 'hey's' and 'how are you's' surround the table as we talk to Neville and a few of our other gryffindor friends that made it through the war.

You may be thinking 'what are you doing back at Hogwarts?' Well the thing is, we have to repeat our last year in order to wt the grades to potentially be an auror, which is what I've always wanted to be.

Before our conversation can go too far Professor McGonagoll stands up and begins to make her yearly 'Welcome back' speech. I tune out most of it but after a few minutes the most interesting part comes up so I listen.

"Our new defense against the dark arts teacher is not here with us right now but he should be here any minute now. Since he's not here yet I will tell you a bit about him. The new teacher is young, about 18. Even though he is young, he is NOT to be disrespected."

I sit in my seat and mentally blow up a few houses in my anger. The new teacher is a kid? He's my age! I could probably do a better job at teaching then him!

Seeing my angry expression Ginny grips my hand and looks at me with a smile, telling me that everything will be okay. I smile back.

McGonagoll's speech goes on for a few more minutes before she sits down and the food appears. I swear the best thing about coming back to Hogwarts, is the food.

About half way through dinner the great doors slam open and in comes a man, probably 18, with black hair, tan skin and sea green eyes. The man is riding a pure black horse with ... wings?

He dismantles his horse and whispers something in the horse's ear, as if it could actually hear him. Oh crap this guy is a loony.

The horse.. thing.. takes off running in back to the outside world. The man struts forward calmly as if he didn't have hundreds of eyes on him at the moment.

"Ahh, it seems as though the defense against the dark arts teacher has finally arrived. Please give a round of applause to professor Perseus Jackson." Professor McGonagoll breaks through the silence.

I look at him in shock. This was our new teacher?

Everybody slowly starts to clap for Professor Jackson. I start to get a good look at him, he has hug muscles but not overly bulky. More like a professional swimmer. He has this look in his eyes that just screams 'don't mess with me, I could kill you with a flick of my wrist'.

As he walks past us I can hear girls swooning, and I think somebody just did a wolf-whistle. Seriously?

Ok, fine. I'll admit this guy is ... alright looking. But he is probably just another Lockhart. Looks tough but wouldn't last two seconds in a REAL war.

Furthermore where was this guy during the wizard war? I didn't see him fighting for our freedom. He is probably a death eater. Yeah, that's it.

He goes to the staff table smiles at Professor McGonagoll and says.

"Thank you, I am sorry I'm late. And please, call me Percy."

She smiles back then turns to us, "My apologies, this is professor Percy Jackson."

He turns and looks at us, he flashes us an award-winning smile. I look around and see most of the girls blushing and ... d-did someone just faint?

My scowl deepens as I see Ginny lean on the table slightly with a deep blush on her face. This teacher is trying to steal my girl!

I now have a new resolve: I hate my new DADA teacher and will try my hardest to make his life hell.