First Lessons

I forgot to do this earlier. 

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson and the Olympians, I also do not own Harry Potter.

----------------------------------------------

Hermione POV
Dinner is finally over and we are walking back to our rooms chatting about the new teachers. I glance at Harry, he's been in a pretty foul mood ever since the new DADA teacher came in.

"Hey Harry..." I interrupt Ron ranting about some new food or whatever, "Why are you so mad? You've been glaring at the air in front of you since the new teacher walked in."

His eyes shift to me and I am surprised by the amount of hatred I see in them. I know it isn't directed at me, but it still makes me shiver and take a step back.

"Hermione, did you see the new teacher! He just walked in like he was better than everyone else!"

"Well, he is a professor..." Ginny begins but Harry cuts her off.

"And another thing! Did you see him fight for us during the war!? I thought that the new teacher would at least have SOME idea of what he's doing and what we've been through. But no, they choose some spoilt idiot who thinks he's better than everybody else and can't fight to save his life! And did you see how good looking he was? It's professor Lockhart 2.0!"

With that he stomps off down the hall ahead of us. I have no idea where he is even going, the Griffindor common room is to our right, but we all just keep walking. Harry needs to cool off before he can come back.

"What do you think about him?" Ron asks me.

"I think we need to give professor Jackson a chance, but I don't think that he's going to be a very good teacher. I mean, Harry was right, he wasn't there during the war and I don't remember seeing him at hogwarts. He's only 18, right? So he must have been in the year above us. I looked through the year books and memorised all their names for fun, but I don't remember him being in it."

We turn a corner and mutter the password to the common room before storming inside. I turn back to Ron and say,

"What I really want to know, is where he gained an education and why he's here now of all times. I think Profess McGonagoll has a second motive to him being here at Hogwarts this year..."

With that, I grab Ginny by her elbow and stalk up to our rooms to a much needed nights sleep.

Harry POV

I feel really guilty about yelling at Hermione like that... She definitely doesn't deserve it. I was just so angry at the thought of the new Professor. We've been through so much this past year, so many lives have been lost. I've been through so much pain and suffering, I was kind of hoping to have a DADA teacher that I knew. 

I was hoping to have someone like Professor Lupin, Someone that was there, that knows what I'm going through, that I can look up to, that can help me. But Professor Lupin is dead. And so is everybody else, Nobody is here to help me. I need to be strong. I need to be strong for my friends and family, they can't have their hero breaking down. 

I dash outside to get some fresh air and make my way to the lake. The lake is so peaceful, it always helps me clear my thoughts and understand what I need to do in the times ahead, no matter how dark they seem. 

As I draw nearer to the lake I spot a figure already sitting in MY spot. Even though I can't see his face I just know who it is. Nobody else in Hogwarts has those muscles, that physique, that messy black hair that looks like he doesn't even try to brush it. 

Professor Jackson.

I sigh and turn to make my way to the shrieking shack. First he takes away my favourite lesson, Defense Against the Dark Arts, and now he takes away my favourite place, the lake!? Who does he think he is!?