Griffindor

Hey guys, I'm sorry it took me so long to update and this chapter isn't even particularly long ... but I promise that I will start writing again and will have another, longer, chapter up soon. Thank you for all the support :)

----------------------------------------------

Percy POV
I sit down at the staff table feeling incredibly awkward. Most of these kids are either my age or like a year younger than me. Who am I to teach them?

Let me explain what's happened:
Gaea's war ended and Annabeth died, so did the rest of the seven. Thalia is always away on hunts with Lady Artemis and Nico is always in the underworld doing ... Underworldly business...

Anyway, with all of my friends either dead or not around I decided to stop going to camp. Camp is supposed to be a safe-haven for demigod kids.

Because I'm now eighteen... Well I can handle myself out in the real world. I got myself a job as an assassin for the government for the last six months..
But then, of course, I got a visit from Lady Hecate who told me about her little world of wizards, and how they need some extra help after recovering from their war.

She blessed me with magic (around the same amount as some guy named Dumbdoor... no wait, Dumbledore! That's it! Dumbledore) Anyway she also blessed me with the knowledge of a professional wizard, and everything about the wizarding world and stuff.
So now here I am ... Teaching.

Looking over the people in the great hall I can see most of the boys in the room looking at me with hate and/or doubt that I can teach them anything.
Professor McGonagoll sits down and we start eating again. I hesitate. How am I going to make my offering to the gods?

I sit there staring at my food for a good minute before it dawns on me. I am a wizard! I can create a fire in the middle of my plate and burn the piece of food.
I do exactly that, I burn my sausage and some of my lettuce (I never liked lettuce anyway). A few of the students are giving me strange looks and the teachers are glancing my way like 'what the hades is he doing?'. I ignore them and continue on with my meal.

After dinner Professor McGonagoll makes another announcement.
"Something that I forgot to mention before... Because of all of the sacrifices that we have gone through in the war we have to have new leaders of the different houses. Professor Slughorn, who has resumed his post as potions master, will take over the charge of Slytherin house."

Some cheering was heard, especially from a green and silver table I assume is Slytherin.

"And Professor Jackson will be taking over my previous role as head of Gryffindor house."

I was not expecting this, so I assume my face is 'extremely shocked with a mix of horror at the thought of being a guardian to anyone'.

The Gryffindor table bursts into loud applause and I can't help but smile slightly.