Chapter 3: My "Oh Shit" Moment

Miranda's pov

         "MIRANDA!" My father yelled.
"Coming!" I yelled down stairs.
    I closed down my laptop and changed into sweats before bounding downstairs to answer my father.
"Yes, sir?" I asked him.
"Took you long enough, fat ass. I need you to clean this house up spotless, and make dinner to serve four. I have a lady and her son coming over. You won't say a word to her about anything going on around the house, and will only speak when spoken to. Understand?"
"Yes, sir. May I ask want you would like for dinner?" I replied.
"Do fancy tonight. I want to impress her. Use the China plates, and have some champagne out. I think steak would be nice. Steak and new potatoes. We have that, correct?" Father asked.
"Yes, sir."
"Oh, and dress up a little. And jeez, cover up the bruises on your face more." He demanded.
"Yes, sir. My apologies, sir."

{Two hours later}

   The house is finally, and the food is just about finished. I bound upstairs and change into a high-low dress the was gold on top, and dark blue on the bottom. I went over to my vanity, and did my normal face routine, and added a little more pop to my eyeshadow. I applied some winged eyeliner, and false eyelashes. Finishing up with a nude lip, I slipped on some heels and carefully walked downstairs. Walking into the dining room, I set the table and set up the food, champagne glasses, and soda glasses. The door then rang, and father called my name.
"Come to the door with me."
He opened the door, and I smiled brightly before realizing who was there. Louis Tomilson, and a woman I guess to be his mother.
Oh shit.