Chapter 9

Grayson's POV

I hated his guts. I hated the fact he was looking at me, like I was an idiot. And maybe I was. How on earth did I not see this coming? Of course Cole would want Beverly back. But I didn't think she would let him.
"You're joking." I kept my tone even, and looked him square in the jaw, really wanting to punch him.
"No, I kissed her and she kissed me right back." Cole smiled at me with a look of victory.
"She didn't. She doesn't want you back, Cole, please just come to terms with it," I say, even though I was starting not to believe it.
"Well you should've seen, she was pretty into it." Cole was still smiling that awful smile.
"Enough!" My voice rose up. I could see a crowd beginning to form.
"Stay away from Beverly!" My head begun to spin.
Everything seemed to be slipping from where I wanted. Did Beverly really want Cole? Because if so, I don't think I could stand it. I'd have to leave her. But I just can't bring myself to think that.
I looked up again at Cole. His face gave me a very sudden realization.
He was a liar.
I looked down at my shaking hands, then glared at Cole.
"There's only one spot to be Beverly's boyfriend, and that's me."
And with that I punched him hard in the nose.

It was one of those gut-wrenching cracks, and I pulled my throbbing hand back.
Teachers had begun to swarm the area, separating the crowd.
I watched as Cole looked shocked, and allowed a teacher to lead him to the health room. I felt a strong hand on my back, and allowed it to pull me away. Everything seemed blurred. I immediately regretted punching Cole. I knew I would get in a lot of trouble.

Beverly's POV

Two more months. The day would be an exciting one. This pregnancy thing is a lot of work. I don't know if I can do it ever again in my lifetime. Mom says it's cause I'm less mature, but this has been the hardest experience I've ever had to face.
I was so thankful though. My amazing boyfriend, and supporting family and friends. It was all I could've asked for in this situation.
I was so happy that I took a shower and actually got dressed.
Well kind of. Leggings and a long sleeve band shirt. And my hair was still wet. But I did do my makeup!
I heard a knock on the door, and let myself get it, even though I just wanted to stay in bed.
It was Grayson.
"Hey! Come on in." I opened the door wider, and watched as he sulked into my house.
Something was up.
I sat down next to him on the couch, and took in his outfit. Flannel pajama pants and a white T-shirt.
"Wait, why aren't you at school?" I look on my phone to see it's nearly one.
"I got suspended." He was looking at his hands.
My heart dropped to my feet, and I gasped a little.
"Why?"
"I punched Cole in the face." Grayson was still looking at his hands. I took them into my own.
I knew he found out about what happened at Target.
Cole told him, and probably told him I enjoyed it, knowing how he reacts when a girl blows him off.
"Grayson! You need to know it was all him, and yes I kissed him back!" My voice sounded pleading. "It was only a reaction I swear it meant nothing!" He looked unconvinced.
Grayson took a deep breath.
"I know, Bev."
I smiled, and hugged him a little.
"I knew you'd understand!" My heart did a little dance. "Now everything's okay, right?"
Nope. Of course it wasn't.
Grayson stood up from his seat and gave me a sad smile.
"I know it was an accident, and I love you," he said. "But I can't see you anymore."
"What! Why?"
"My mom won't let me." Grayson began to walk out of the door, and I stood up, not fighting it.
I took a deep breath, and he turned around to see my lips quivering. It was all I could do not to cry in front of Grayson.
"Beverly, I-" He stopped. I watched him turn and walk out the door, shutting it slowly behind him.
I fell to my knees, utterly speechless. I couldn't even cry, everything seemed to be sucked out of me.