Chapter 14

"Ow!" I cried, buckling over.
"Beverly!" I watched Grayson rush to my side, helping me up. "Are you okay?"
He helped me get back to my bed, where I cuddled up in the blankets.
"It's fine." I smiled, and took his hand. "It's almost my due date, I've just gotten a few contractions. It's normal."
"Good, I don't know what I would do if something serious happened." Grayson kissed my forehead.
"Thanks," I said. "I'm just ready to get her out of me. It's been a long eight months."
"I'm proud, really." Grayson smiled. "You've been doing amazing."
"Well, I appreciate it." I take a breath, holding my stomach in pain.
"Try not to talk," Grayson said. "Next week Bethany Grace will be born."
I felt tears form in my eyes. "I'm not sure I'm ready to let her go."
"What do you mean?" He asked.
"I didn't think it would be so hard to let her go," I said. "You know I didn't want to have a baby at first. But now that I've been through this pregnancy I've gotten a attachment to her. My baby, Bethany Grace."
"Hey, hey, it's okay." Grayson wiped the tears that I didn't even know were running down my face. "Beth wants you to visit all the time, remember?"
"I don't know if I can do it!" I felt myself crying harder. "It's going to be so hard."
Grayson came and sat next to me on the bed, wrapping his arm around my waist. I leaned against his shoulder and let him hold me as I cried.

"Here." Jenna scooped some cookie dough on her fork and let me taste it. "Good or nasty?"
"Perfect!" I said, licking the last bit off. "What is this for exactly?"
"You know how you didn't want a baby shower or gender reveal or something fun like that?" Jenna asked. I nodded. "Well I'm throwing you a little party. I thought you deserve it."
I got up to hug Jenna. "You are too much!" I cried. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"
"Any time, B!" Jenna smiled, satisfied with her work.
She told me all about the party, and I was pleased to know it wasn't a huge blowout. Just some close friends and family.
"Now I already bought you an outfit," Jenna said. "Lookie here!" She pulled out a bag from some local maternity store. She pulled out a purple maxi dress with gold detailing, that flowed nicely. She also slipped a pair of Nikes out of another bag because she knew that was all I could walk in.
"Oh, JJ!" I pulled her into a tight hug, smiling. "You are the best!"
"I'm glad you like it!" She handed me the dress and shoes, which I placed on the couch.
"You really didn't have to do any of this," I said.
"Anything for Beverly Jones." Jenna grinned. "Parties at eight, be ready!"