Chapter 10

I knocked on his door, no, I pounded on his door, not caring that my knuckles felt like they were bruising. I didn't care anymore I was just pissed at him.
"Beverly!" His face was a mix of terror and humor, and I couldn't decide which one made me angrier.
I grabbed his ears and brought him down to my level.
"Who do you think you are!" I screamed at him, not even caring how hard he flinched. "Getting into someone's love life like that!"
I pushed him away from me, and stepped away from his house.
"I hope your happy." My words come out choked. "You lost any chance of ever, and I'm serious when I say ever, talk to me again."
I storm off, letting the tears run down my face.
"Wait." I turn. Cole, standing there, acting all vulnerable and crap, with a cast on his nose or whatever.
"What did I say?" And with that, I run off, not paying attention to Cole staring at me.
It hurt.
I've never felt so hurt, and lost, and alone in my life.
Sure I've had boyfriends that have dumped me and vise versa. But this was different. This was Grayson. My coffee boy.
And Cole just took that delicate piece of glass that was our love, and smashed it over my head, leaving so many scars.
I couldn't talk to Jenna. She wouldn't understand. She's never had a boyfriend. And Mom would be too understanding.
I was hopelessly alone.

I got home and immediately took a shower.  It always helped to scald your skin when your upset. I pressed my forehead against the wall, and felt tears well up in my eyes.
I know I shouldn't cry. After all, he said he still loved me. He just wasn't allowed near me.
Which makes me wonder if he's serious about loving me. I thought when you loved someone you'd do anything to be with them.
And maybe he is. This could be a fight I don't know about. I've only met his mom twice, and she seemed tough. I can only imagine how she must be feeling right now.

The next morning I knew what I had to do. I went to Starbucks and bought a cup of coffee, Grayson's favorite, and went to his house. I had everything I would say planned out. He would come to the door, and I would have a full blown speech about how sorry I was and that I really miss him. He may not come back but I need him to know how much I need him in my life.
I reached his house. His gorgeous house. Grayson's parents were both accountants and clearly made a lot of money. It always intimidated me when I came to their house. But I decided to blow it off and do up to the door.
"Beverly." Not who I expected to be at the front door. His mother.
"Hi." I looked down at the coffee I was holding and frowned. "Is Grayson around?"
"He's not allowed to speak to you." His mother, Diana, looked at me with disgust. I could tell that she was judging me.
"Could you give this to him then?" I held out the coffee.
Diana rolled her eyes, exasperated. "Fine."
She took it then slammed the door, leaving me to sulk. I wondered what Grayson was thinking when he got the coffee. Was he angry? Happy? Appalled? I had no idea.