Chapter 13

"Jenna, are you sure I don't look horrific in this?" I turned in the mirror, as Jenna and I judged the tight black dress.
"Grayson is taking you out on a fantastic date, you need to show your best look!" Jenna smiled, and handed me a pair of red flats.
"Maybe it's my best look when I'm not pregnant." I continued to twist in the dress, making sure it was what I wanted to wear on my special date tonight. It was our eight month anniversary, which is a random number, but we wanted it to be special. Grayson was amazing when it came to things like this.
"Nope! You know he loves you just the way you are," Jenna said.
"You're right." I sighed. I should stop worrying so much."
"But yeah, you are pretty fat!" Jenna laughs as I shove her, laughing along.
"Funny." I smile.

"You look gorgeous." Grayson looked me up and down, grinning. I mentally thanked Jenna.
"You don't look so bad yourself." I took in his suit and tie, and I giggled when I saw his Vans. He didn't seem to have dressy shoes, I guess.
"So where are you taking me on this extra special date of ours?" I asked as I hopped into the front seat of his truck.
"You'll see." He smiled as he drove off, keeping the mystery.
We soon pulled up to a fancy restaurant, who's name I could not pronounce.
I began to feel self conscious about what I was wearing and my extended stomach, so I tightened my coat instinctively.
"What's wrong?" Grayson looked down at me as I take a sharp breath.
"I feel kind of awkward." I looked at my stomach then back at Grayson, who gave me a reassuring smile.
"You look amazing, and anyone who can't see that is crazy." He grabbed my hand and we entered the restaurant, which was darkly lit and moody.
"Here you go." The waiter hands us out menus and leaves.
"What do you want to eat?" I asked, thinking about how nice the lobster looks at another table.
"I think we should split the lobster." Grayson smiled. "I know you love lobster and I see you eyeing theirs."
I laughed. "True, true," I said. "But only if that's what you want."
"Now who doesn't love lobster?" Grayson smiled and grabbed my hand.
"What is it?" I asked.
"I have something for you." He pulled out a box, and I gasped as he opened it.
Inside was a beautiful ring, with my birthstone embedded in it, Amethyst.
"Grayson!" I covered my mouth with my hands. "It's amazing."
"It's a promise ring," Grayson explained. "To show my forever love for you."
"Grayson, I love you." I smile. "I love you so much."
"I love you too, Beverly."

We decided to walk back to the train station, because the weather seemed nice. I was holding Grayson's hand and swinging it happily.
"Thanks for this incredible night, coffee boy." I stopped him, and took his other hand, turning him towards me.
"I love you so much." Grayson leaned down to kissed me, and I kissed him right back, not caring that people were probably staring, or judging, it was just us in this moment.
I pulled away and took a deep breath. "Whoa."
"Whoa, is right," Grayson said. "Now I need to get you home."