Chapter 15

Now this wasn't a huge party, maybe around fifteen people. Just close friends and family.
I greeted the door to everyone happily, they were all so happy to see me.
"Gigi!" I squeezed my grandmother, who looked me up and down in a proud way.
"My darling grand baby!" She cried, holding my shoulders. "You look amazing."
"Thanks so much, Gigi." I let her get inside the party, where music was playing and people were laughing. I soon saw Grayson's car pull up, and my heart skipped a beat or two.
But to my surprise, Cole walked out of the passenger door.
The two walked up, and I kissed Grayson right away.
"Hey, Bev." He hugged me. "I'm so excited for the party!"
"It'll be fun." I smiled. "Hey Cole." I led them inside, shutting the door.
Everything was going to be perfect. I truly missed parties.

"Alright everyone!" Jenna rang a little bell, causing everyone to laugh. "Dinner time!"
We all sat, happily and starving. Beth told me she hadn't eaten all day because Jenna told her it was going to be a big meal. I had no idea what was in store.
"First course, please!" Jenna called to the kitchen. The catering service, which I begged Jenna not to do it but she persisted,  came out.
They dished out salads, and I hungrily ate mine.
"Hey, Beverly." Cole reached over and touched my hand. "Can I talk to you for a moment?"
I wiped my arm across my mouth. "Sure." I stood up from my seat, Cole following. "Excuse us."
We walked to the hallway where we could talk privately. "What's up?" I asked.
"I've been thinking about it," Cole said. "And I think I want to keep the baby."
"What!" I shout, furious. "You've got to be kidding me right now!"
"It's too hard to let go of you, I don't know if I can let our baby go too." Cole took a deep breath.
"Cole, please!" I can hear the plead in my voice.
"Beverly, I need to," Cole said.
"Did you not think about asking me before you made this decision!" My voice was rising. "Do you know what this means for Beth?"
"No."
"She's been waiting a long time for a baby," I explained. "I can't do that to her. Plus you never asked for my permission."
Cole squeezed his eyes shut for a moment, before opening them again.
"Fine but it's either you or the baby."

"Cole!" I ran a hand through my hair. "You're joking right?"
"No Beverly," Cole said. "It's so hard not being with you, I can't stand it. I need something!"
"But Cole," I said. "We're friends!"
"I know. But I miss being us." Cole crossed his arms.
"I'm sorry," I said. "But I'm giving my baby to Beth, and you're just going to have to learn to accept it."
"I've gotta go." Cole mumbled, and pushed past me to go out the front door.